Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Nouveau mullet

Options
  • 07-06-2008 1:09am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭

I'm back home in sligo for the summer and i'm noticing a certain revival of the mullet and rats tail. is it just sligo or have awful haircuts come back to bite us in the arse?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Moved. Don't thank me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

Makes me feel Ooooold!

I can now officially look scornfully upon young 'uns and their crazy trends.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

I haven't noticed this trend in cork. Must be a Sligo thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

i never really seen it in galway but when i went to a night club i could see plenty of guys with them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭Fast_Mover

Im just back from Germany today and the amount of lads sporting mullets was crazy!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

What kinda age group are we talkin here?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

Fast_Mover wrote: »
    Im just back from Germany today and the amount of lads sporting mullets was crazy!
    its unbelievable!! especially popular among the spanish tousists and students studying here. ugh!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Thrill wrote: »
    What kinda age group are we talkin here?
    I dunno about the Irish ones, but I'm just back from the back arse of France and there was loads of 30-40 year old guys sporting mullets in almost every village we were in.

Haven't seen them in Ireland yet though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 662 ✭✭✭JæKæ

I was in Spain two years ago and noticed this worrying trend. Mostly hip 18-25 year old festival going types. Cut tight on the sides and long at the back. Thankfully it isn't as widespread in Irlanda.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

JæKæ wrote: »
    I was in Spain two years ago and noticed this worrying trend. Mostly hip 18-25 year old festival going types. Cut tight on the sides and long at the back. Thankfully it isn't as widespread in Irlanda.

the Spaniards were the ones who revived it. or rather it never went out of fashion there. I remember being in spain, well over 5 years ago and noticing this on a lot of kids.

• Advertisement

i forgot about the spanish mullet. i seen that all the time in galway, i've even seen spanish guys sporting the dreadlock mullet.

in sligo it was sported by 17 - 22 year old types

• Registered Users Posts: 5,777 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

Oh its big in Dublin alright - wash your eyes before you click

http://upload.bebo.com/QUaliTy-MullEt-07

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

I think soccer players are to blame for this.

unfortunately that's not the only group...

http://www.bebo.com/Profile.jsp?MemberId=5340005783

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭xOxSinéadxOx

i've seen LOADS of lads in dublin with them, really horrible!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,189 ✭✭✭jos28

Total skanger look. Usually accompanied by a diamond ear stud and a baggy grey track suit. Millions of them in Dublin !

• Registered Users Posts: 4,116 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

Rb wrote: »
    I think soccer players are to blame for this.

Feckin' Torres :mad::rolleyes:

1.%20HCFernandoTorres_me_e28699_4734554.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭Peared

My god he's an ugly fecker.

Is this what the kids are down with these days?

Just goes to show. everything will end up back in fashion at some point.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,375 ✭✭✭fonpokno

jebus, those bebo pages are insane. why oh why would you want hair like that? there was a girl a few years behind me in school who actually like spiked the hair on top of her mullet... it looked like some sort of bird had tried nesting in there and the poor deluded girl thought it looked good...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭PlayGirl

thats the worst hairstyle ever ! especially when the long bits at the back aren't straightened ! so bad :o

• Advertisement

PlayGirl wrote: »
    thats the worst hairstyle ever ! especially when the long bits at the back aren't straightened ! so bad :o
    are you implying a straightened one would look good?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,971 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Rb wrote: »
    I dunno about the Irish ones, but I'm just back from the back arse of France and there was loads of 30-40 year old guys sporting mullets in almost every village we were in.

Haven't seen them in Ireland yet though.

RB - You probably haven't spotted them out your way as the young 'uns out there might have more sense. The city centre is simply teeming with young semi-scumbags who have them and as another poster said there is the diamond studded ear-ring and god awful tracksuits or sport type shirts.

Why oh why is this back in 'fashion'? How do these young lads think it's cool or trendy? The mullet is perhaps the most ridiculed of men's haircuts and for a good reason. Who let this slip back in?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 605 ✭✭✭aliqueenb

oh was in paigton england last week, was in the water park thingy and alot of the lads had this type hair, not nice at all

much prefer the bed head surfer type hair lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭iPoker

jos28 wrote: »
    Total skanger look. Usually accompanied by a diamond ear stud and a baggy grey track suit. Millions of them in Dublin !

along with trousers tucked into socks, and sporting some kind of canvas flat shoes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭iPoker

RB - You probably haven't spotted them out your way as the young 'uns out there might have more sense. The city centre is simply teeming with young semi-scumbags who have them and as another poster said there is the diamond studded ear-ring and god awful tracksuits or sport type shirts.

Why oh why is this back in 'fashion'? How do these young lads think it's cool or trendy? The mullet is perhaps the most ridiculed of men's haircuts and for a good reason. Who let this slip back in?

unnecessary use of "semi"?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭PlayGirl

JIZZLORD wrote: »
    are you implying a straightened one would look good?

god no ! either way they're terrible, but my point is that if these guys go to the bother of getting this horrible hairstyle then they can at least style it properly..
    but to be on the safe side they should steer clear of the mullet altogether

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭wattsusieq

Is this the hair in question?

what posses them to get it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 605 ✭✭✭aliqueenb

wattsusieq wrote: »
    Is this the hair in question?

what posses them to get it?
    ewwwwww

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 21,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭entropi

All of the little shams around my area have it, and most of Ireland's... it makes them look like the muppets they are tbh. And they think they are god's gift to women at that, even the ones with faces that resemble a sandblasted tomato.

Truly horrible hairstyle, even worse than the time they all got Mohawks because David Beckham had one...

Advertisement