Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

For the Fathers and Brothers amongst us

Options
  • 06-06-2008 4:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭

What do you fear most?

This is a question I have asked myself many a time. The answers I usually come up with are something like, drowning, sharks, being eaten by a bunch of v p!ssed off badgers or monkeys.

Last September I moved back to Ireland and back home with my family. The answer came to me about 3 days later (26th of September). The thing that scares me the most is in fact... teenage girls.

Before I left a year and a bit previous my sister was a happy young girl, happily playing with her friends, giving out about other girls etc. When I returned, wow what a change. I cannot say a word to her without being accused of being a d!ckhead, stuff thrown at me and threatening gestures.

Now spotty faced youths hang about our house, make up is everywhere. Anytime the girls throws a tantrum she claims 'hormones' are the cause, her friends verbally abuse me, the list goes on. They even called me 'old' :o I'm 22, hardly over the hill!!

Now I'm no saint, of course there are days when I go out of my way to deliberately annoy her (like all older siblings do). I have the fear. I know and hope I am not alone in this. When will this end? When will the person I knew and loved return!

A brother in need of guidance!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Just sounds like she is going through her own teen angst Will .Hormones may play a part but teens and also growing up so fast these days .I have an 11 yerar old daughter going on 16 ,if ya know what i mean .If your fearful that she is not going to be the lil girl you once new then you might just have to except that she is changing .Try to find a middle ground were you can talk through any concerns or issues she might have ,and earn her trust so she can open up more with you .It might take time and you have to thread and choose your wording carefully to . I am sure as she gets older she will understand and appriciate your concerns for her but she might feel threatend if you give her the hair blower treatment to often .

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭forestfruits

My only advice is avoid her like the plague for at least 4 years maybe up to 7 depending!

Teenage girls are scary individuals and worse in packs!!
    Best of luck

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

To avoid this thread getting Thaedydl'ed under the no serious threads law, which will lead to a feedback thread about BGRH "changing", which will make me fall asleep, I will say this:

1) Is she any good in the kitchen?

It's clear this little wimmin doesn't know her place in the world. Aid in her finding her true purpose by supplying you rashers.

2) Try to be as patronising as possible. Teenage girls love that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

Invite your perviest mate around.

That will shut them the **** up.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,021 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Strolling around naked or semi-naked is the sure fired way to clear out pesky unwanted teens.
    So long as they're not at your beer tho' they should be easy enough to ignore for most brothers. Any other level of involvement is way too much work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

My only advice is avoid her like the plague for at least 4 years maybe up to 7 depending!

Teenage girls are scary individuals and worse in packs!!
    Best of luck

im not scary!!

if shes a moany lil biatch dude then chances are she'll be the same way for a looooooooooooooooong time well into her 20's.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,970 ✭✭✭DenMan

Bring your own mates around man. Maybe start a band. Then she will start to take notice. For the time being you just have to grin and bear it. I was in your position before man, I started playing Keyboard and my mates came over. No biggie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Think I will just ignore her, either that or demand she make me rasher sambos... women, even lil women are fickle things

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭john concannon

deswalsh wrote: »
    Strolling around naked or semi-naked is the sure fired way to clear out pesky unwanted teens.
    So long as they're not at your beer tho' they should be easy enough to ignore for most brothers. Any other level of involvement is way too much work.

If she has hormones.....:p

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Dragan wrote: »
    Invite your perviest mate around.

That will shut them the **** up.

You looking for the job then? ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement