Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

your profile visitors(stalker?)

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

Is it views then since, what, last friday?

I cant remember, when did this change happen?

I like puppies.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

Motosam wrote: »
    Is it views then since, what, last friday?

I cant remember, when did this change happen?

I like puppies.
    Yes, Yes, and Yes, I love puppies too.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

So she watches my secret boards postings, and also my profile, including, gasp, my sig, likes, and occupation.

Weird.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

internet profiles .. serious business.

..no.. really..

my ex was keeping tabs on what i was doing.. internet history.. txt msgs on my phone.. she waited until she had enough evidence to absolute hang me by the bollox, which to be fair... she did in style.

Man.. it took me a good 3 weeks to talk my way out of some of the txt msgs i was getting sent to me... :eek:

"no no honey.. thats not a vagina.. it an armpit"

snyper wrote: »
    internet profiles .. serious business.
    Indeed.
    my ex was keeping tabs on what i was doing.. internet history.. txt msgs on my phone.. she waited until she had enough evidence to absolute hang me by the bollox, which to be fair... she did in style.

Man.. it took me a good 3 weeks to talk my way out of some of the txt msgs i was getting sent to me... :eek:

"no no honey.. thats not a vagina.. it an armpit"
    What could have you have been doing wrong anyway?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

The member profile page/message board seems to be set to 10 posts per page, any chance it could be increased?

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Yes Alan, I know how you feel. My boards.ie arch-nemisis is a man by the name of Mr. Kenneth Sutton, I only have one visitor to my profile, but there's 6 visits, guess who?!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

^^^
    I don't believe you can actually tell that he visited 6 times?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Recent Visitors
    The last 2 visitor(s) to this page were:

1. biko
    2. kensutz

This page has had 7 visits

I visited once

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭takola

But in fairness anyone on invisible can view your page and it will up the view count but they won't show up. So really, you can't actually tell.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭Trinity

DeVore wrote: »
    Common sense rule.

Basically your profile is a mini thread dedicated to you and which you mod (afaik).

I've just realised that I have one of those too.... well, thats going to be fun now isnt it :)

DeV.

You do realise you are practically inviting people to look at that Devoore lads profile dont you :D

Yes i just did it there.

takola wrote: »
    But in fairness anyone on invisible can view your page and it will up the view count but they won't show up. So really, you can't actually tell.
    Ah cool! I never knew that! Not that i care, but I'll keep it in the back of my mind, just in case I ever do have an ex on boards to spy on! :p
    Trinity1 wrote: »
    Yes i just did it there.
    Fail. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭pirelli

Alan Ford wrote: »
    oh i know how to do that.
    its the box where you see whos visit your profile should have a report link in it.
    i tried to copy the box and post it but i dont know how.

Alan, If you want to put someone on your ignore list than you have to visit their profile, that's what I discovered with one poster.

So if someone I dont like has visited my profile it's probably to shut us up and place us/me on ignore or for that matter take us off ignore.

A foe visiting your profile could be a sign of a new fragile peace or an renewed open channel of communication.

Or maybe not..
    1203596160407.gif

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,236 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

These profile visits are pseudo-stalkers. Mostly just curious onlookers, so the feature is of no concern to me. I've had a real stalker, online, later to follow me about Dub when I was shopping more than 2 years ago (then telling me where I went that day!). There is no comparison between this boards.ie feature and that! :eek:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Similar thing happened me on myspace, I rarely ever used it and yet one girl on it saw me in
    Dublin the one day I was there and told me what I was wearing and what I was doing. :eek:

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

I have 68 invisable views. who in gods name would be so bored as to look at my profile that many times - it doesnt even say anything interesting. internet people are strange

• Subscribers Posts: 16,575 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

irishbird wrote: »
    I have 68 invisable views. who in gods name would be so bored as to look at my profile that many times - it doesnt even say anything interesting. internet people are strange

I just bumped that up double checking that it didn't have anything interesting...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

Similar thing happened me on myspace, I rarely ever used it and yet one girl on it saw me in
    Dublin the one day I was there and told me what I was wearing and what I was doing. :eek:

Yes, you certainly do seem to like Chapters on Parnell St, don't you?:pac:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Yes, you certainly do seem to like Chapters on Parnell St, don't you?:pac:
    Stalker. :eek:

(what a shop)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

Ha! Naaa, didn't see you there, but it's a pretty popular shop, so the chances were high you'd know of it.:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

irishbird wrote: »
    Googlebots, web crawlers and me logged out and refreshing the page several times.

Enjoy your weekend away.

BTW, if anyone notices lots of mods looking at your profile, then it's time to worry. :)

I am stalking beruthiel now. She loves it. I also talk to myself in my profile.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Terry wrote: »
    Googlebots, web crawlers and me logged out and refreshing the page several times.

AFAIK, bots can't access the profile pages so its all stalkers I'm afraid.

(invisible FTW).

Advertisement