Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

your profile visitors(stalker?)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭Marcus.Aurelius

click your name at the top right corner of this page and then look at the lower right side of the profile page. It lists recent visitors

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,676 ✭✭✭The Artist

stevec wrote: »
    I left ya a message so you'll see it now:)
    got that message.

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

As Thaed mentions you have the option in your UserCP to enable messages only from your friends and mods/admins to be posted to it.

Anyone could always view it though. It's not your bebo page etc so just don't fill all your personal details out on it.

Relevant to stalking and I pissed myself seeing this ****!

funny-pictures-mother-in-law-deer.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭kittensoft1984

Everytime i try to go into my profile it keeps saying that windows exp has perforned an illegal action!! :(

stoopid work computers!

• Advertisement

Everytime i try to go into my profile it keeps saying that windows exp has perforned an illegal action!! :(

stoopid work computers!
    If you can install Firefox or similar on youir work computer you should be able to view the site correctly, <nerdspeak>your work computer's Internet Explorer install is buggy and is probably crashing on javascript invocation.</nerdspeak>

If you don't have the ability to install new programs, try downloading Portable Firefox and just run it without installing.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,953 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Alan Ford must have petitioned Microsoft to make viewing profiles illegal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭kittensoft1984

CuLT wrote: »
    If you can install Firefox or similar on youir work computer you should be able to view the site correctly, <nerdspeak>your work computer's Internet Explorer install is buggy and is probably crashing on javascript invocation.</nerdspeak>

If you don't have the ability to install new programs, try downloading Portable Firefox and just run it without installing.

Its only happening since today......

Its only happening since today......
    Maybe just a cache thing then. Try clearing your "temporary internet files".

Stark wrote: »
    Alan Ford must have petitioned Microsoft to make viewing profiles illegal.
    lol im not exactly bill gates am i:D
    225px-Bill_Gates_in_Poland_cropped.jpg
    or do i look like him:p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭tallaght01

So my profile just says "This page has been viewed 3 times". It doesn't say who those people were. They were all me i think!

Do other people's profiles tell them WHO visited?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

tallaght01 wrote: »
    So my profile just says "This page has been viewed 3 times". It doesn't say who those people were. They were all me i think!

Do other people's profiles tell them WHO visited?

Only if they are logged in. Whoever viewed your profile did so while logged out, or using invisible mode.

If you view your profile while logged out, then it will show as a "view".
    I'll visit you now, so you can see.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

Alan Ford wrote: »
    say one of my visitor (stalker) is not my friend eg= had arguements,slanging each other,old enemys comes on my profile.
    theres no way of them stoping them?:confused:
    No. There isn't a way of stopping people seeing what you publish in public. That's one of the things about publishing things in public. Practically the defining thing.

All you have to do is not publish anything in public that makes you look like an utter idiot.

Good luck with that.

QUOTE=Talliesin;56168051
    All you have to do is not publish anything in public that makes you look like an utter idiot.
    talking of that,im proud and not shy showing my profile and pic if i did?
    As for bieing an idiot i dont think i am imo.
    I think its good to show who you are as by way that your not lying about yourself imo.
    you just dont know who ye talking to if you know what i mean.:)

Alan Ford wrote: »
    you just dont know who ye talking to if you know what i mean.:)

Several thousand members?

sueme wrote: »
    Several thousand members?
    i dont mind as long they behave themselves:p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

Imo, It doesn't really matter if you know who's been visiting, but as said already, ignorance, sometimes, is a very blissful thing.

The main fear i see with that "Profile views" box is that people might start whoring around to increase how many times their profile has been viewed with that "click me to see 70 naked chics, no, srsly" shíte that you see written all over Bebo to bump profile views.

...A perfect example of trying to increase Bebo profile views can be found in my signature.

Also, has a charter been written up regarding what exactly you can write into the visitor messages or is it just a "common sense" rule?

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Common sense rule.

Basically your profile is a mini thread dedicated to you and which you mod (afaik).

I've just realised that I have one of those too.... well, thats going to be fun now isnt it :)

DeV.

DeVore wrote: »
    Common sense rule.
    Thats fair 'nuff. Probably the way it should be.
    Basically your profile is a mini thread dedicated to you and which you mod (afaik).

I've just realised that I have one of those too.... well, thats going to be fun now isnt it :)
    Thats so cool, I have a thread dedicated to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I really like the visitor messages thing. You can talk about anything (within reason) without worrying about going off topic.

Also I can see people getting to know others better this way.

• Advertisement

janeybabe wrote: »
    I really like the visitor messages thing. You can talk about anything (within reason) without worrying about going off topic.

Also I can see people getting to know others better this way.
    A light touch of Bebo has never killed anyone. It's a balanced cross between a social network and good conversation.

nevf wrote: »
    A light touch of Bebo has never killed anyone. It's a balanced cross between a social network and good conversation.

Exactly, and you just delete the txtspk and don't have to put up with people demanding love!

Exactly, and you just delete the txtspk and don't have to put up with people demanding love!

No love? :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Love , If you look in the right places you will find it ,somtimes it just comes to you :)

latchyco wrote: »
    Love , If you look in the right places you will find it ,somtimes it just comes to you :)

Thats fairly impressive stalkerspeak. Well done you!

sueme wrote: »
    No love? :(

Love for those who deserve it, not for those who post pictures of tiny penises (peni?) on my profile.

*shudder*

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

List of all new featurs somewhere§ damn french keyboard

God help us the day we are allowed to make our own skins for our profiles. If it'll be anything like Bebo, I'm outta here.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

My ex last viewed my page, how do I find out when? :D

• Advertisement

Motosam wrote: »
    My ex last viewed my page, how do I find out when? :D
    Go to her house, break in, check her history. Simple.

Advertisement