Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upgrade: What's new?

Options
123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

Just used the new friends management yoke. It's starting to feel like this place is morphing into bebo...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

attachment.php?attachmentid=57518&stc=1&d=1212840365

Motion to remove tags
    Btw, Mordeth fondles cats

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

I would now like to take this opportunity to complain about everything... :D

I think the new updates are a good thing though, and a few small security patches have been addressed in this upgrade. As for the Bebo thing, imo, it strikes a good balance while still maintaining the purpose of the site in general. It's only a Bebo when there's pictures of girls half naked, talking about a load of omg BS here and there, Boards isn't like that.

Not a fan of everyone being able to make social groups though. Maybe just admins, smods, and cmods should be able to do it per request as I think it's liable to spiral out of hand. Also, tags aren't doing anything now, they are useless now, and I don't see them working too well. Visitor comments are vulnerable to abusive dumbass's, and thats where the "Report Abuse" button comes into play.

Well done CuLT and the admins! Nice work!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,057 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

nevf wrote: »
    That was there before the upgrade.

• Advertisement

That was there before the upgrade.
    eh, yah, I was just, erm, messing... :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭big b

Couple of quick questions.........

1. Where you have visitors logged against your profile, but no names - this either means visitors weren't logged on, or it was yourself, right?

2. Thanked posts - don't know if this is new or not, but first time I looked at my profile on Friday, I had 3 thanked posts. Today, I have only 2. Can you withdraw thanks after you make them, or does the lower number maybe mean a post or thread was deleted?
    Haven't the faintest what post isn't there anymore, but it wasn't particularly recent.
    Just curious....

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

1. Nope, could be someone set to "invisible", it's an option in your profile.

2. Yes, you can withdraw thanks after making them

• Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭big b

Quick & clear answers - thanks, Cult!

Advertisement