Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Profile Display eh!!!

Options
13»

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,060 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

At the risk of sounding like I put much effort into this idea

*cough*

you can use your other browser (if you use firefox for boards, open IE and vice versa) and use your not signed in window to look at other people's profiles.

*cough*

Resumes stalker-related activities
    Promote that man.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

What is the point of it all? Like, this is a message board, so why have an extra window on a poster's profile to leave a public message when all you have to do is pm them?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

User albums are turned off as well as profile styling... I had such high hopes.

(not)

Good job people! and not forgetting the guys at vB!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,134 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Abigayle wrote: »

I caught you looking Slow Coach.. spongebob stalker pants.. :cool:

I'm outside your window, looking in... :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

What is the point of it all? Like, this is a message board, so why have an extra window on a poster's profile to leave a public message when all you have to do is pm them?:confused:

Now that is the most obious and also the first thing i thought with the extra window .I mean ok it's cool ,but who would want to put private stuff or insulting comments in a public window for the world to see when we have pm s ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

*cough*

you can use your other browser (if you use firefox for boards, open IE and vice versa) and use your not signed in window to look at other people's profiles.

*cough*

You crafty basta....I mean clever chap. I never thought IE would come in useful. You live and learn.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

latchyco wrote: »
    Now that is the most obious and also the first thing i thought with the extra window .I mean ok it's cool ,but who would want to put private stuff or insulting comments in a public window for the world to see when we have pm s ?

That's the point of it - if it's private or insulting then you can delete it or report it, who's going to risk a siteban by publicly insulting other members... (ok don't answer that, I can think of a few too).

The point is, you get your own private little forum about you that you can moderate as you see fit:D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

*cough*

*cough*

Invisible mode FTW.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Looks silly. Invision Power Board did the same last year, and I thought it looked a lot better then the vBulleting layout. I use the default skin.. still looks rather cluttered tho :(

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Great.. just great. As if one bebo wasnt bad enough, lets make boards more bebo like. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

stevec wrote: »
    The point is, you get your own private little forum about you that you can moderate as you see fit:D

So everyone is a mod then?

/puts in an order for a shiny new ban stick and a "no free speech" header for my profile.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,060 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Great.. just great. As if one bebo wasnt bad enough, lets make boards more bebo like. :mad:
    Here have some luv thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Ah I like it. As a wise Cheryl once said, "A change will do you good".

Advertisement