Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Profile Display eh!!!

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

I don't like it.

I forsee many feedback threads about stalkers.

It would be good if you could mod your own profile and ban people though:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

cornbb wrote: »
    Displays the last n visitors? Hmmmm not sure if I like that feature. No more stalking for me :/

Damn there goes my stalking fun :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Should I be able to delete other visitor's messages?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Liking so far. Can't explore properly til I get home though.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,470 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

but..but...but nobody likes change!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Hmmm the swift little visitor messages are gonna make abusing via PM sooooo much easier. Short and sharp. I already got my first one, isn't that right RB?! :pac:
    Lol, damn right, embracing the bebo-ness of it all :D

• Registered Users Posts: 16,134 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

I can't edit my profile. Is that just me?

Also, my keyboard navigation keys (home, end and the arrow keys) don't seem to work when typing replies. And why does the find box keep appearing at the bottom of my browser? The cursor seems to jump there for no reason, and I find myself typing my reply in it. :mad:

I don't think it's browser related, because it's only started since the upgrade.

Slow coach wrote: »
    I can't edit my profile. Is that just me?

Also, my keyboard navigation keys (home, end and the arrow keys) don't seem to work when typing replies. And why does the find box keep appearing at the bottom of my browser? The cursor seems to jump there for no reason, and I find myself typing my reply in it. :mad:

I don't think it's browser related, because it's only started since the upgrade.
    When I click my profile, under About Me it gives me the option to "Edit Values" beside all the "Biography" etc. Does that not show up on yours?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭gerky

And thus started a whole new era of paranoia on boards:D

Rb wrote: »
    When I click my profile, under About Me it gives me the option to "Edit Values" beside all the "Biography" etc. Does that not show up on yours?

Ah, yes. I see the little pencil now. Ta very much.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Cabaal wrote: »
    but..but...but nobody likes change!

+1 dagnabbit *shakes walking stick at progress*

Sh!t, I viewed bambi's profile and my name appears immediately. No more sneaking around the ladies' profiles. :mad::o

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Can someone please visit my profile - I just wanna see what happens.

Ta.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Sh!t, I viewed bambi's profile and my name appears immediately. No more sneaking around the ladies' profiles. :mad::o

you dont be snooping around my profile no more, I'll pay your profile a visit late one night see how you likes it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

@Rb: How come you were able to leave a message and not appear in the list?:confused:

invisible mode?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Recent Visitors
    This page has had 0 visits

Why, what's wrong with my profile?!

/cries

/edit: Okay, now it has 2 visits, but doesn't say who has viewed it. Maybe it is due to being invisible?

stevec wrote: »
    @Rb: How come you were able to leave a message and not appear in the list?:confused:

invisible mode?
    No idea!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,839 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Snazzy! *patiently awaits first profile comment*

• Advertisement

Faith wrote: »
    /edit: Okay, now it has 2 visits, but doesn't say who has viewed it. Maybe it is due to being invisible?

Yea - nail, head.

I can see I visited with a * beside my name.

All this is going to achieve is make everyone become invisible.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,424 ✭✭✭440Hz

All this change is making my head hurt! :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

Sh!t, I viewed bambi's profile and my name appears immediately. No more sneaking around the profiles. :mad::o

I agree. Im afraid to click a profile now. How are we supposed to reach our full stalker potential when we have been outted like this? :(

/shakes violently

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Abigayle wrote: »
    I agree. Im afraid to click a profile now. How are we supposed to reach our full stalker potential when we have been outted like this? :(

/shakes violently

Exactly, and I want to know why people are looking at my page! Paranoia much!

stevec wrote: »
    Yea - nail, head.

I can see I visited with a * beside my name.

All this is going to achieve is make everyone become invisible.:(

Yaaayyy! We're saved! :pac: :pac: :pac:

I caught you looking Slow Coach.. spongebob stalker pants.. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

Abigayle wrote: »
    Yaaayyy! We're saved! :pac: :pac: :pac:

I caught you looking Slow Coach.. spongebob stalker pants.. :cool:
    Bet you didn't catch me looking?

nevf wrote: »
    Bet you didn't catch me looking?

Epic phail :pac:

Must go change my settings actually..

"The only thing you can do is go dead. Shut everything down and make like a hole in the water. "

:cool:

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

All the new cool stuff is gone off my profile now. Were you just teasing me with it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭The Queen

How does one put up a picture?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭Marcus.Aurelius

At the risk of sounding like I put much effort into this idea

*cough*

you can use your other browser (if you use firefox for boards, open IE and vice versa) and use your not signed in window to look at other people's profiles.

*cough*

Resumes stalker-related activities

Advertisement