Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bio-Oil

Options
  • 05-06-2008 9:22am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭

..is vegan, i'm very happy about this, its great.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

I though you where on about biodiesel, do you mean the stretch mark stuff ?

HHmm I blame my diet for my stretch marks.
    I get them incredibly easily.
    I've always been zinc deficent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭lil'one

hahaha yeah the stretch mark stuff, but i use it on my face as a moisturiser, find it great.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

Moonbaby wrote: »
    HHmm I blame my diet for my stretch marks.
    I get them incredibly easily.
    I've always been zinc deficent.

Unfortunately I believe the is also a strong genetic element

oblivious wrote: »
    Unfortunately I believe the is also a strong genetic element

I don't buy that.
    Most of my friends have these marks, and yet none of my mothers got them despite poping out sprogs to beat the bandit.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 984 ✭✭✭cozmik

lil'one wrote: »
    ..is vegan, i'm very happy about this, its great.

Very expensive though isn't it? I tried it out on an old scar I have on my face but didn't notice any difference apart from a hole in my wallet.

cozmik wrote: »
    Very expensive though isn't it? I tried it out on an old scar I have on my face but didn't notice any difference apart from a hole in my wallet.

Are you male or female cozmilk?
    For a moisturiser it isn't expensive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 984 ✭✭✭cozmik

Are you male or female cozmilk?

imagesre4.jpg

For a moisturiser it isn't expensive.

Fair enough, that's not an area I have any knowledge about. As for it's claims that it helps reduce old scars all I can say is it did nothing for me.

regards

cozmik

cozmik wrote: »
    imagesre4.jpg

Fair enough, that's not an area I have any knowledge about. As for it's claims that it helps reduce old scars all I can say is it did nothing for me.

regards

cozmik

Apparently it is the massaging action that breaks down the scars.
    Baby oil etc works just as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

I've heard the vitamin E oil or cream will help with scars too. And lavender oil. Though I've also heard that the best trick is to cover them up from the sun for a hell of a long time with thick tape or something. Needless to say I stuck with Vit E cream myself ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭ioc

.hey guys i have scrapes on face and they left red marks..does bio oil help get rid of these...or should i see Dermatologist??...i need to know if bio oil is good..i have marks for 3 weeks about..there nail marks..to make long story short i had argument..but there not deep or anything..just a red mark and i just want the best oil/cream to make it go..so can you please help?..thanks alot:):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

I have a lot of scars on my arms and have been using Bio-Oil morning and night for the last few weeks. Personally, I'm noticing a difference - the newer scars are definitely fading a lot faster than older ones. I'd recommend it but that's just my experience.

Hotaru wrote: »
    I have a lot of scars on my arms and have been using Bio-Oil morning and night for the last few weeks. Personally, I'm noticing a difference - the newer scars are definitely fading a lot faster than older ones. I'd recommend it but that's just my experience.

..........hey hotaru...you think it would work for scrape marks on face?..there not deep..just red and been there for few weeks..maybe bio oil could help..or should i look for somthing else? :)..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

ioc wrote: »
    ..........hey hotaru...you think it would work for scrape marks on face?..there not deep..just red and been there for few weeks..maybe bio oil could help..or should i look for somthing else? :)..

Well, Bio-oil takes a few weeks before it has any obvious effect. It wouldn't do any harm to use it but the scrapes might heal themselves naturally by then anyway :)

..thank alot hotaru:)..i will keep using and hopefully with in a few weeks back to normal:)..cheers thanks so much:)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I'm using biooil for a scar on my face, will let you know if i notice anything to, that or aloe vera maybe and massaging mmm

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

oblivious wrote: »
    I though you where on about biodiesel

I was thinking the same as well.

Advertisement