Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spaniard who want to live in Dublin needs help

Options
  • 02-06-2008 9:35am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi, I’m a 36 years guy, from Madrid, who is living in Dublin next july.
    My intention is to be there doing friends, tourims, some courses, exchanges...living as you live there. It will be very helpfull to me the following information:

- Leisure courses (cooking, music, guitar...[not typical english courses])
    - I would find a somewhere to live with other "trust" people
    - I’d like to find someone to exchange english-spanish
    -anyother help
    Thanks a lot. Greetings and Hugs
    Eduardo

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭izzyflusky

Hi! I've been living here for 4 years (came from Madrid). My situation was a bit different cuz I moved with my whole family, anywho. For courses and stuff like that you should go to community colleges, they usually have a big range of courses available. I'd point out some places but it's best if you go to a school closer to your area, the only thing is that they usually start in september.
    How long are u planning to stay for? There's A LOT of spanish people here but to learn english is better if you share an appartment with or rent a room with an irish family. Also I know it's easier to make friend with people who speak your own language, but you'll learn faster if you make friends with people from other nationalities.
    You can also put ads in shops looking for people to help you with your english, and in exchange you'll help them with spanish.
    I don't know about other places, but in the library in Lucan, they have this groups that get together to practice different languages such as english, spanish, french....etc, and it's free, you just have to call up and give your name.
    Hope that helps you a bit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 eimie

You could post an advert on gumtree.ie, that's how I found my language exchange partner. You can also find info on community courses on this site. Also there is a spanish-english exchange group in the Ilac Centre Library on Tuesdays at 7, it's in the city centre.
    Good luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Edu San

Thanks a lot Emie,
    As you say I'll try with community courses.
    I've posted an Adv in Gumtree about exchange...also I'll put another to find a share flat.
    Greetings.

Advertisement