Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Learning Spanish in Spain

Options
  • 01-06-2008 1:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 491 ✭✭

Hey. I want to learn Spanish, properly. I would like to go to Spain to work maybe for two months. Does anyone know or have any suggestions as to what options I could consider? What would be the best way to learn and practice Spanish and support myself?

Many thanks for any replies!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Pretty sure I posted this before:Salamanca University; they've been doing courses for years and have a good reputation. Things are not so good in Spain at the moment and without the language the only realistic option is probably the English teaching route. Why not look at the Instituto Cervantes here instead and get a reasonable level first before heading off to Spain? I've found them good although others have had less favourable experiences.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 onmaki

I think Salamanca is a great option and I learned Spanish there.
    There is a problem in summer however and thats that the language schools are all full.... 8 people per class.

I started in a school called DILE on the last week in October and was almost alone in the class till february.... I eventually took a state exam the following may. My girlfriend at the time was living in Salamanca so I practiced lots with her friends but... its vital to speak and read lots while learning.....

good luck with it... the best thing i ever did....!!!

Advertisement