Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Take Part In The Online Ninja Karaoke Raffle And Win Prizes!

• 21-05-2008 7:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭

As you may be aware, a Ninja Karaoke event is taking place on the 30th of May in the Mercantile. Link.

A raffle will be held on the night with many glorious prizes up for grabs.

For those who can't attend, there's still a chance to win, as we are holding a seperate raffle for those boardsies who buy tickets online for the princely sum of €5!

Prizes to be announced (see below).

Here's how to do it:

1. Click here (Paypal)

2. PM me to confirm, with your paypal user ID.

3. I will reply confirming your inclusion in the raffle, enclosing a ticket number. (I'll forward names and numbers to DJ Spider, MC on the night, so don't worry if you misplace it, the username is what's important).

4. Cross your fingers, and perhaps you can be one of the lucky winners! Even if you're not, your money will go toward putting a smile on a child's face this Christmas, so everyone's a winner!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

Prizes so far for the whole raffle (with thanks to the kind sponsors).

More prizes to be added on confirmation. Got to be worth the price of a pint in Temple Bar guys ;)

Keano A Legend: one4all voucher

Sully: One night in a Tramore B&B/Hotel advertised on http://www.discovertramore.ie/

DJ_Spider: Bottle of sparkling wine, Glitter Lava Lamp, and a special prize on the night for the worst singer!

RoundyMooney & MrsRoundy: 2 X Bottles Bauchet Champers

eoin_S: 2 X Bottles wine

aiden_walsh: One year's subscription to boards

Monkeyfudge: Assortment of monkeys ;)

Rb & Pythia: 2 bottles of white wine

Alan Ford: a €50 voucher for JMD tatoos in Waterford

Ronny Mitchell: Bottle of whiskey

DJ Spider: Disco and/or Karaoke from Disco Royale (http://www.discoroyale.net)

The Admins have generously donated a very substantial amount to the cause, as well as the following prizes:

1) Mod for a day with the caveat that, if you engage in any behaviour unsuited to the role, such as ban rampages etc., you will find your time curtailed, and a one month siteban will be issued.

2) One free unbanning, but not for pr0n/malware/viri/or any other kind of spamming (admin discretion applies).

3) 2 X of each of Custom Avatar, Username Changes, Custom Taglines and also, one winner gets to pick a new Boards.ie emoticon!

4) You get to choose a forum, subject to admin's discretion. Certain fora suggestions will not be entertained at this time (Drugs, for example)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭DJ_Spider

I am sorry for any confusion people, but after discussing with the admins this is the final list of prizes:

Prizes so far for the whole raffle (with thanks to the kind sponsors).

More prizes to be added on confirmation. Got to be worth the price of a pint in Temple Bar guys

Sully: One night in a Tramore B&B/Hotel advertised on http://www.discovertramore.ie/

DJ_Spider: Bottle of sparkling wine, Glitter Lava Lamp, and a special prize on the night for the worst singer!

RoundyMooney & MrsRoundy: 2 X Bottles Bauchet Champers

Monkeyfudge: Assortment of monkeys

DJ Spider: Disco and/or Karaoke from Disco Royale (http://www.discoroyale.net)

Dublin Pass: 4 x 2 Day Dublin Passes. These Passes entitle the holders to free entry to 30 attractions in Dublin, including the Guinness Storehouse, Old Jameson Distillery, Dublin Castle to name but a few. There are also a number of special offers as well as the Aircoach transfer from the airport to the city.

The Admins have generously donated a very substantial amount to the cause, as well as the following prizes:

1) Mod for a day with the caveat that, if you engage in any behaviour unsuited to the role, such as ban rampages etc., you will find your time curtailed, and a one month siteban will be issued.

2) 2) Pick a new Boards.ie emoticon! (subject to Admin approval)

3) 3 forums approved, subject to admin's discretion. Certain fora suggestions will not be entertained at this time (Drugs, for example)

4) 3 free subscriptions to Boards.ie

5) A trip around the hosting centre and the office to let people see how small we really are :)

I will update this as more items become available. Thankyou for your understanding, and if YOU can donate any prizes, please PM myself or RoundyMooney.

That's grand, you saved me an edit.

We're working on some payment alternatives for those who may not use paypal.

Stay tuned lads and lassies.

Neteller and Moneybookers payments are accepted, folks.

Please PM Rb for more information.

• Advertisement

As you might have noticed we are having a raffle to raise more money for the Santa Strike Force. Please could you add the banner on my sig to yours to help us sell as many tickets as possible. Here are the details:

Banner location: http://img338.imageshack.us/img338/3185/tickets2jp1.jpg
    Link location: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showt...p?t=2055298412

Here is a list of all the prizes we have so far, more will be added as we get them, and there might be some surprise prizes on the night!

DJ_Spider: Bottle of sparkling wine, Glitter Lava Lamp, Blueberry Liquor, and a special prize on the night for the worst singer!

RoundyMooney & MrsRoundy: 2 X Bottles Bauchet Champagne

Monkeyfudge: Assortment of monkeys to be offered as several prizes

DJ Spider: Disco and/or Karaoke from Disco Royale http://www.discoroyale.net

Dublin Pass: 4 x 2 Day Dublin Passes. These Passes entitle the holders to free entry to 30 attractions in Dublin, including the Guinness Storehouse, Old Jameson Distillery, Dublin Castle to name but a few. There are also a number of special offers as well as the Aircoach transfer from the airport to the city.

Mr.Blue Sky: iPod shuffle

2) Pick a new Boards.ie emoticon! (smiley) subject to Admin approval.

3) 3 forums approved, subject to admin's discretion. Certain fora suggestions will not be entertained at this time (Drugs, for example)

5) A trip around the hosting centre and the office to let people see how small we really are!

So there you go, an impressive list I'm sure you'll agree! Tickets are selling fast, so get in quick! We can accept paypal, Neteller and Moneybookers payments.

So click that banner NOW!

Thankyou for your support

DJ Spider

You can now transfer funds in complete confidentiality to this dedicated bank account for buying raffle tickets:

Account name: Tom Murphy
    Bank: Bank Of Ireland, St Stephens Green
    Sort Code: 90-00-84
    Account Number: 65748028

This is a completely dedicated account set up and every penny into it is for the SSF.

If you do buy a ticket, please PM me, RoundyMooney or Rb with confirmation and we will allocate you a number for the draw on Friday night.

We will be drawing the raffle at Midnight, so if you are not going to be there at that time, please make sure you let me know your ticket number. Otherwise if you are not there to collect your prize, or have let me know, we will draw another number until we have a winner. Then we will get back to the singing & dancing! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭S.I.R

where abouts is this being hosted ??

and where do i erm.. donate my gift ?

In the Mercantile, on Dame St.

Do you wish to donate a prize, or buy a ticket?

It's not temple bar silly! It's on Dame street! http://aycu06.webshots.com/image/48525/2000446177634919027_rs.jpg there see?

• Advertisement

Duly edited to avoid misinforming the punters.

Here is an explaination of who can win what:

If you buy a ticket online and are not going to be at the event, we are unable to post any items you won. Apart from the vouchers, and the boards prizes. (Mod for a day, chose a smiley, free sub etc) If you buy a ticket online you will only be eligible for those prizes. If you buy a ticket at the event you are able to win ANY prize, as we can give it to you then.

I hope this helps with any confusion.

Question, What if you can arrange for someone to be there to pick it up for you? I'm unsure if I can make it this Friday.

So long as they make themselves known to me, and who they are the proxy winner for, then I see no problem.

Just to let you know the raffle will be closing at Midnight tonight, (29/05/08) as I will be too busy to process any more after then.

Here is a list of all the prizes we have so far, more will be added as we get them, and there might be some surprise prizes on the night!

Keano A Legend: €30 one4all voucher

DJ_Spider: Bottle of sparkling wine, Blueberry Liquor, and a special prize on the night for the worst singer!

RoundyMooney & MrsRoundy: 2 X Bottles Bauchet Champagne

Monkeyfudge: Assortment of monkeys to be offered as several prizes

DJ Spider: Disco and/or Karaoke from Disco Royale http://www.discoroyale.net

Dublin Pass: 2 x 3 Day Dublin Passes. These Passes entitle the holders to free entry to 30 attractions in Dublin, including the Guinness Storehouse, Old Jameson Distillery, Dublin Castle to name but a few. There are also a number of special offers as well as the Aircoach transfer from the airport to the city.

Agent_Smith: iPod shuffle

2) Pick a new Boards.ie emoticon! (smiley) subject to Admin approval.

5) A trip around the hosting centre and the office to let people see how small we really are!

So there you go, an impressive list I'm sure you'll agree! Tickets are selling fast, so get in quick! We can accept paypal, Neteller and Moneybookers payments.

Unfortunately the glitter lava lamp is no longer in the raffle as I dropped it! Whoops! But there might be a replacement item instead! I would like to thank all the people who have donated prizes and bought tickets. I will give you an update on the total amount raised on Saturday. (If I'm still alive!)

So click that banner NOW! and buy those remaining tickets

Thankyou for your support

DJ Spider

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

who is dj spider?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

just to check...it is possible to buy tickets on the night right?

who is dj spider?

the ugly one with a brit accent.

Yes you can buy tickets on the night. Obviously you will be able to win both the virtual prizes as well as the physical ones. I aint that ugly! Only in the wrong light! :eek:

FX Meister wrote: »
    who is dj spider?

Troll on.

Folks, online raffle sales close at midnight tonight. Last chance :)

Thank you all.

Online application for tickets closed.

• Advertisement

Ladies & Gentlemen, as Roundy has said the raffle is now closed for online sales. You will still be able to buy tickets at the event, but as I will be extemely busy tomorrow I have had to close it.

Thankyou for all your support, we have sold 24 tickets at €5.00 each making a grand total of €120! Well done everyone and good luck!

I would like to thank RoundyMooney for taking the online payments and sorting out the numbers. I have them all written down and I will PM/Email you if you win anything. I would also like to add my thanks to Rb, Cormie, DeV, Vexorg, and of course The Mercantile for giving us the use of the room for free.

If you are going to be at the Karaoke night tomorrow I will see you then, to everyone else, I will update you over the weekend.

DJ Spider :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

Troll on.

Folks, online raffle sales close at midnight tonight. Last chance :)

Not trolling, just didn't see he was a user here with big imput into this event. Thought it might have been that gimp from Big Brother. You've hurt my feelings now. If I was a troll I'd be crying uder my bridge right now. And just for that I'm a gonna buy a raffle ticket so I too can become a mod and set up my own forum here. FACT.

So 1713 posts isn't high then? also seeing as I am the person who came up with this idea back in december, provided the karaoke disks, and I am providing all the equipment tonight, I can't see the logic of your post. But hey, that the internet for you!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

So 1713 posts isn't high then?

nope

Don't feed the troll! I meant most of those were for this event!

Results are in everyone! Click my sig for the details!

Advertisement