Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Missing Cat in Coolaney!

Options
  • 19-05-2008 2:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭

I brought my dumbass cat out to the new house in Coolaney on Friday - never had him in the car before, so I thought he'd go ballistic, but he crawled under the front seat & hid there for the whole journey. When I got to the gaff, he wouldn't come out from under the seat... at least for a few minutes, till he bolted out the door & I haven't seen him since.

If anyone sees him, could you please message me.. he's a scruffy ginger cat, fairly big, but skinny and has a bit of a limp at the minute. Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,657 ✭✭✭magnumlady

I'll keep a lookout for him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

magnumlady wrote: »
    I'll keep a lookout for him.

I have visions of you now in my head of you sitting on a rooftop with a big pair of binoculars!

I have visions of you now in my head of you sitting on a rooftop with a big pair of binoculars!

Oh no I thought no one knew I did that ;)

468465597_b66a8c50c5_m.jpg

468465597_b66a8c50c5_m.jpg

You've been stalking me:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,047 ✭✭✭Culchie

The cat will make it's way 'home' to your old place.

We once moved house accross a city when we were kids, and the cat found it's way back to our old house despite being about 8 miles away. Took him 2 weeks, but he got there.

Ask your old neighbours to keep a look out.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭takola

Culchie wrote: »

Ask your old neighbours to keep a look out.

Yeah, The one that kept calling the guards on ya! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

takola wrote: »
    Yeah, The one that kept calling the guards on ya! :D

If they offer you Chinese, I'd decline!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Big_Mac

Hmm, I can see it now. Countess bitchula with your cat, and a cigarette on a big stalk with a dumbass henchman.............:D

I saw a ginger cat this afternoon, he had a lot of white on his front. Couldn't tell if he was limping.

• Advertisement

Might be him! I've been up every day leaving food out & it's been eaten each day, but until I move I don't really know what cat's tucking into it! Ah - I'm sure he'll survive another few days... he's a hard ass!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

missing-cat-in-toilet.jpg

Haha!!! He showed up yesterday - funnily enough, under the bath propped against the back wall.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

Good stuff, glad to hear he's been found :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭il gatto

Glad to hear that. I love cats. I like dogs too, but cats ftw. Kick a dog, he'll be back wagging it's tail in five minutes. Kick a cat and it holds a grudge. Stave a dog and it'll die. Starve a cat and it'll find it's own food. Cats are cool:cool: (um. Just to point out, I don't kick or starve animals. Regardless of genus.:))

Yeah but

If you're in need of saving, a dog will

If you're in need of saving, a cat will wait around until he's sure you're dead and then eat you.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

il gatto wrote: »
    Glad to hear that. I love cats. I like dogs too, but cats ftw. Kick a dog, he'll be back wagging it's tail in five minutes. Kick a cat and it holds a grudge. Stave a dog and it'll die. Starve a cat and it'll find it's own food. Cats are cool:cool: (um. Just to point out, I don't kick or starve animals. Regardless of genus.:))

Great post!

I would respectfully request, that Xiney doesn't mention the "cat incident" which occured today during a family party in my garden.

Xiney wrote: »
    Yeah but

If you're in need of saving, a dog will

If you're in need of saving, a cat will wait around until he's sure you're dead and then eat you.

Not all dogs are like Lassy:D There's not all that many scenarios where a dog can save you, surely? Unless they learn to drive, speak, use the phone etc.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭darealtulip

magnumlady wrote: »
    You've been stalking me:eek:
    take that to the peeping tom thread please!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭darealtulip

Not all dogs are like Lassy:D There's not all that many scenarios where a dog can save you, surely? Unless they learn to drive, speak, use the phone etc.:pac:

We have two french bulldogs, good middle grounds between dogs and cats. they hold a grudge for days and think they own you. And they like the companionship too. they are great with kids and yes if you starve them they die coz the think it's your duty to feed them! (and they are to stubborn and rather die then give in!!)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭tuppence

Haha!!! He showed up yesterday - funnily enough, under the bath propped against the back wall.
    Was he just hiding/sulking or trapped somehow? What a relief for your wife am sure and you! (if you admit it!)
    At least he is back. He will probably enjoy the country retreat. I know my fella had a great quality of life for his last few years before hi passing..gulp.:(

True, I've only had the best dog in the world, a Black Lab named Charlie who lived to be 10 before he passed away. But this dog, several years back, despite not having a mean bone in his body, managed to save me from a giant Rottweiler who certainly would have mauled us if Charlie hadn't stepped right in front of me with his hackles up, teeth bared, meanest growl you've ever heard on a dog, etc. All from this dog who'd never growled at anything in his life before!

Also, dogs are great companions for outdoor pursuits, take a cat to the park and see will he play with you?

Don't get me wrong, I love my cat. But I'm counting down the days until we can get a dog.

Xiney wrote: »
    True, I've only had the best dog in the world, a Black Lab named Charlie who lived to be 10 before he passed away. But this dog, several years back, despite not having a mean bone in his body, managed to save me from a giant Rottweiler who certainly would have mauled us if Charlie hadn't stepped right in front of me with his hackles up, teeth bared, meanest growl you've ever heard on a dog, etc. All from this dog who'd never growled at anything in his life before!

Also, dogs are great companions for outdoor pursuits, take a cat to the park and see will he play with you?

Don't get me wrong, I love my cat. But I'm counting down the days until we can get a dog.

I know. I'm only joking about the whole cat vs. dog thing. You should get a German Shepherd. We've had 3 over the years and a fourth on the way (when it's born and weaned etc.). Best dog in the world.(imo)

My friend had German Shepherds, they are really great dogs.

I'm very partial to Labs, although I'd love a Newfie. It's breaking my heart, to not have a dog.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Big_Mac

I have a boxer for the last two years. She's as daft as a brush, but the best fun you could have when you bring her to the beach. Silly dog, and she's great fun:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,047 ✭✭✭Culchie

Big_Mac wrote: »
    daft as a brush
    = Scooby, Springer Spaniel

tuppence wrote: »
    Was he just hiding/sulking or trapped somehow? What a relief for your wife am sure and you! (if you admit it!)
    At least he is back. He will probably enjoy the country retreat. I know my fella had a great quality of life for his last few years before hi passing..gulp.:(

The missus hates the cat. :eek:

The missus hates the cat. :eek:

Life is full of tough choices. :D

Advertisement