Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eating outside?

Options
  • 05-05-2008 11:09am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 320 ✭✭

Are there any restaurants/ cafe's pub where you could eat outside in a beer garden or something like that?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

Donaghys have a lovely little beer garden.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

Le Monmartre often has a few tables outside

Bistro Bianconi has a few more, BB's has some also.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭bobcar61

The buzz around Strandhill today,been outside the strand and Bella Vista,food in Bella Vista was great but a tad slow today,and the atmosphere was top notch!

Cafe Fleur also have a few tables outside!Would be great on a sunny day like it was today!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,657 ✭✭✭magnumlady

I was there yesterday Bobcar, you are right the food was slow, lovely when it did arrive though.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

bobcar61 wrote: »
    Cafe Fleur also have a few tables outside!Would be great on a sunny day like it was today!

except that the sandwiches are very poor indeed. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

You can eat outside Molly Fultons - I ate there once, but TBH, I wouldn't recommend it. Had a steak & chips.. nice enough steak with a tasty pepper sauce, but the chips were gross - frozen & deep fried in cheap oil. The missus ordered soup & a salad sandwich. The soup was just OK, and the sambo consisted of gone-off lettuce, sour tomato & some horrible salad cream shoved between 2 slices of stale bread which she sent back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 320 ✭✭tulipandthistle

You can eat outside Molly Fultons - I ate there once, but TBH, I wouldn't recommend it. Had a steak & chips.. nice enough steak with a tasty pepper sauce, but the chips were gross - frozen & deep fried in cheap oil. The missus ordered soup & a salad sandwich. The soup was just OK, and the sambo consisted of gone-off lettuce, sour tomato & some horrible salad cream shoved between 2 slices of stale bread which she sent back.

Glad you mentioned Molly Fultons, we always see a sign and we want to try it sometime.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭YeatsCounty

There's seating outside the Tobergal Lane Cafe afaik.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Glad you mentioned Molly Fultons, we always see a sign and we want to try it sometime.....

Don't order a sandwich!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 320 ✭✭tulipandthistle

Don't order a sandwich!

I hear ya!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭tuppence

The waterfront in rosses point, Think you used to be able to eat outside and the food was goo,d. is that still open or under refurbishment? Thought I heard something on that...But defo worth a visit if finished :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 desireland

I found cafe fleur to be excellent, Great fairtrade coffee and I've never seen such a huge range of meats and cheeses that can be had in a fresh baguette anywhere. I was in there last Friday and the cue was out the door, Must be a good sign . . I ate outside (still a smoker after all these years!:eek:)

Advertisement