Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best pizza in town?

Options
  • 05-05-2008 6:16am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭

Mmmmm, pizza. Where's the best pizza in the city centre? I'm slowly but surely working my way around them all. My current favourite is Steps of Rome, although I don't get there as often as I'd like to. Suggestions?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭BendiBus

Il Fornaio in the IFSC.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Doolie

Independent Pizza, Drumcondra

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,141 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Doolie wrote: »
    I like theirs too - or their town counterparts, Gotham City.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭Dregon

Doolie wrote: »

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

da pino on parlament street.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 385 ✭✭emty

la boulangerie,Bulfin road,Inchicore.Spent 16 years in NYC and this is the best pizza I've had since

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Cremo wrote: »
    da pino on parlament street.

+1 There tiramisu is very nice too.

I also like Little Caesars on College Green or Balfe St (just around from Grafton St).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭JoeSchmoe

Momma's Pizza under the railway bridge on talbot, just a small takeaway place but they make it from scratch for you and its delicious!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 218 ✭✭Kovik

DiFontaine's, next to Doran's in temple bar

• Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭AlexBM

Thanks all, keep 'em coming!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭RIRI

Pinheads Pizza on the South Circular

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,437 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Has anyone tried the Wagon Wheel from Mizzonis?? Is it really as big as people are saying? Haven't tried it yet myself but apparently you have to turn it sideways to get it through your front door :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭foxy_19-89

Kovik wrote: »

+1 topnotch, not as good as it used to be these days though!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

yeh they are big, depends on your front door though.

although they are nice, i certainly wouldn't have them as the best pizza in town they aren't even cooked in a proper pizza oven ala 4star pizza.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

RIRI wrote: »
    Pinheads Pizza on the South Circular

I've been told that's gone downhill in the last few months, haven't eaten in it since last year mind you.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Mizzonis are abunch of greedy bastards,they've stuck about three quid onto the price of a pizza in the last year or so and they've gotten rid of all the half price and two-for-one offers they used to have.I havnt ordered off them in ages.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,118 ✭✭✭shrapnel222

bianconi's in ranelagh!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 410 ✭✭flynnc8

Kovik wrote: »

+1

i love it so so much actually go out of my way sometimes toget a single slice on the way home from town...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Drag00n79

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭lightening

I am a regular in the one in Sligo. Fantastic food, really good value. Is the one in Ranelagh as reasonable as the one in Sligo?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭gollem_1975

the number 1 best place I've been in Dublin for Pizza is..

Ciao Bella Roma on Parliament street .

from 12 to 6pm on the weekend you can get a starter , pizza ( or pasta or steak ) and a glass of wine for 12.50

the pizzas are thin base and the topping = good tomato sauce and mozzarella.

this deal was 8.95 during the week but I don't know if this price is still valid.

A good sign is that a lot of Italian people go there

however you won't get pineapple or chiken tikka on your pizza but I don't want to start off that debate :)

ps: last time I was in CBD on a saturday afternoon the service was very slow but that was an exception to the rule as service is normally quite good.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,118 ✭✭✭shrapnel222

lightening wrote: »
    I am a regular in the one in Sligo. Fantastic food, really good value. Is the one in Ranelagh as reasonable as the one in Sligo?

pretty expensive here unfortunately. like all things in dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭lightening

Bummer, the one in Sligo is cheap. Bigger rent in Dublin I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭stakey

Another vote for Bistro Bianconi from me! Check out their menu at www.bistrobianconi.ie.

I do like a good Ray's Pizza (Harcourt Street) on the way home from the pub though. nom nom nom...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭Punchbowl

Steps of Rome, Chatam Court - You gotta try the Potato Pizza - Great Value, get a load of different slices and sit in. Good house wine too

Bianconni - Ranelagh, real Italian Pizza. Trattoria standard, to your door

Rays Pizza - Portobello. NYC style, huge slices to go. Great street food

Topolis - Parliment St - Get the one with the fired egg.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭dlambirl

another vote for Ciao Bella Roma on Parliment Street

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Degsy wrote: »
    Mizzonis are abunch of greedy bastards,they've stuck about three quid onto the price of a pizza in the last year or so and they've gotten rid of all the half price and two-for-one offers they used to have.I havnt ordered off them in ages.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/2007/nov/02/12

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭zeris

Millers on Baggot Street is always a good pizza.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,316 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

I know I'm gonna get slated for saying Apache but I love it although the quality tends to vary from store to store which can be annoying. Mizzoni's is rank to be honest.

If you want a good sit down, home-made one, try Cfe Cucina (I think) on Parnell Street. Corner of Chapel Lane where the cars come out of Ilac car park. Very nice, they do a lunch/early bird special of starter, main and a drink for about nine quid

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭gollem_1975

2 other places worthy of mention

1) independent pizza company in drumcondra .

2) place beside the abra on adelaide road . does a lovely margarita or pepperoni slice after pub closing for €4

Advertisement