Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Searching for Engagement Ring

• 25-04-2008 7:43am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 529 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

This is a bit of a strange request but I'm hoping some of you might be able to help.

I have been searching through the web for a design for an engagement ring that I like. I seen a design that has me interested but I cannot remember which site I seen it on :o but I am nearly sure I seen it on a post in this forum.

I trawled through the pages last night but no luck but just hoping on the off chance someone might know which one I am talking about.

The ring I seen was specifically designed from scratch. It had the sketch of the ring and then the finished ring beside it, and there were a couple of different rings in their before and after stage. The design was of a flower, with maybe 5 outside stones in a circle with a bigger centre stone. That is all the detail I can remeber :eek: I know, how bad is that!!

Anyone know/seen the design I am talking about?!

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

No sorry.

I would say to you though, to try on rings before you decide which is for you. I had my heart set on an antique ring but they all looked ridiculous on my hand, the one I got is modern but simple and it suits me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 529 ✭✭✭d-redser

I tried on quite a few last night but I felt none of them suited me at all.

I have short wide hands, chunky fingers as I call them! I tried on my mam's engagement ring last night and I loved it. It's a cluster ring (3 rows) and I was looking for something similar but a bit modern. (She paid £70 back in the day. She got it valued at €10,000 a while ago :eek:)

I am not going to rush into anything as any style I have like does not suit me...

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Yip that's the name of them. Ask specifically to see them in the jewellers.

I know when we got mine in London there were plenty around. I have similar fingers to what you describe yet that kind of ring didn't suit me at all. :D

Good luck with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭barbiegirl

Try the design yard, first they can make any ring you want and they have a really good selection from many different designers. I got mine there and I absolutely love it :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 529 ✭✭✭d-redser

barbiegirl wrote: »
    Try the design yard, first they can make any ring you want and they have a really good selection from many different designers. I got mine there and I absolutely love it :-)

Where are they based barbiegirl?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭barbiegirl

At the bottom of grafton st facing Trinity beside Judge Roy Beans. They made us feel fantastic on the day and I'd recommend them to anyone. I got a Christian Stockart one.

Advertisement