Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what language is this?

Options
  • 19-04-2008 4:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭

Во-вторых, я получаю достаточно много писем, в которых меня спрашивают контактный адрес Варга. Он был удалён по его просьбе весной 2007 г. Спешу в очередной раз обратить внимание на содержание

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 LurkingLady

looks like Russian to me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Bondvillain

It's Russian.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭Fast_Mover

That's what Russian looks like?! Wow..:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 nikkic2

could it be hindu or something:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭arse..biscuits

Ceapaim go bhfuil sé Ruisís

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

Ceapaim go bhfuil sé Ruisís

Ceapaim gur Rúisis í. Tut tut ;)

Ach, tá an ceart agat.

It's Russian.

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭trevorku

Oh Contrare my amigos, while it could be Russian it could also be Ukrainian, Georgian or several other countries whole while under rule of the USSR used cyrillic however having different variations of the language :).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kwekubo

Babelfish seems to think it's Russian too, the Russan-English translation sort of makes sense:
    In the second place, I obtain sufficiently many letters, in which me they ask the contact address of Varga. It was removed on its request in the spring of 2007 I hurry into sequential time to focus attention on the content

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 fooria

Its Russian, trust me, I'm Russian

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

trevorku wrote: »
    Oh Contrare my amigos, while it could be Russian it could also be Ukrainian, Georgian or several other countries whole while under rule of the USSR used cyrillic however having different variations of the language :).

They do indeed have Cyrillic script (though they each have older scripts), and there are other languages using Cyrillic (Serbian for example).

They don't though have Russian words :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12 hardox

Во-вторых, я получаю достаточно много писем, в которых меня спрашивают контактный адрес Варга. Он был удалён по его просьбе весной 2007 г. Спешу в очередной раз обратить внимание на содержание
    thats russian.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Sumodivebomb

sorry trevorku, but georgians dont use the cyrillic alphabet mate. they have their own unique one. so there. and yes, i do spend too much time on wikipedia.

Advertisement