Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bare Escentuals

Options
  • 06-04-2008 4:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭

Hey,
    I'm wondering does anyone know if the Bare Escentuals make-up range is available in any shops or department stores in Ireland? I found the range in New York and love it. The direct website says they don't ship outside of the U.S. and Canada. Ebay has a small selection but I would like to be able to try new products before buying.

Last year, my mum attended some sort of make-up party in a hotel in Malahide, promoting this make-up range, but she cant remember where she heard about it or if they said it would be in shops at all.

Thanks in advance to anyone with any information! :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Eppie

Do a search for it on Beaut.ie, they were talking about online suppliers before. I think there may be some places selling it now too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Redpunto

I buy from tutti frutti on ebay but thats no good for you if you want to try out the products. I know qvc.co.uk sell the stuff as well. There are no shops that sell it here as far as I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭giggles

I use this brand, but haven't seen it on sale in Ireland anywhere yet. You can buy online from these websites:

http://www.lookfantastic.com
    http://www.qvcuk.com

• Subscribers Posts: 342 ✭✭NicsM

According to beaut.ie Bare Escentuals will be availible from BT2 from the end of the month. The prices will probably be a bit more than what you'd pay in the States but I reckon its one of those things you really need to try before you buy as it doesn't suit everyone. I'm a huge fan, they really are the original and best cos I don't think the high-street versions (L'oreal, Maybelline etc) can compare at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭giggles

I think Bare Escentuals can improve their application method - its quite messy! Would love them to provide something like a brush/powder combination applicator. I waste so much as I don't have the patience sometimes. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭KatiexKOUTURE--

you can get it on www.strawberrynet.com.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 ejfb

Hi,
    I use Bare Escentuals and get it from a salon in Drogheda called Eternal Beauty.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

Ooohhh thanks for the replies! :D

I might try pop into BT2 next week and ask them, and I'm in Drogheda at least once a week anyways so I'll look for that salon.

Boards are so helpful! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Karen Purdy

Hi Alicat, The lady that held that Bare Escentuals night in Malahide was Francine Shelly her contact number is 087 6772299. She has a makeup school in Malahide and carries all the range.
    If you would like to tell me what area you live in I will be able to give you the nearest salon/clinic/spa that stocks the Bare Escentuals.
    Begining of May Bare Escentuals will be in BT2 Dundrum & Blancherstown. They will have different stock than the Salons.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

try out other mineral make up first. I recommend http://www.fyrinnae.com (free shipping) or http://www.madminerals.org/. Some people find these better than Bare Escentuals, and they will ship you samples for little to nothing - if you order a few things, they may even throw in a few freebies!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 boutiquespa

Hi,

I run a day and beauty spa in Wexford - The Boutique Spa www.boutiquespa.ie
    We are stockists of Bare Escentuals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭Ruthee

everydayminerals.com also give free samples (just pay shipping - around 5dollars)...i use this brand and love it.. and really cheap too..a full sized foundation is 12USD and they dont contain bismuth (Bare Esc does-can irritate some people) and their brushes are soooooooo softa only around 10dollars...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

I think MAC's mineral foundation is far better than BE's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭LolaLuv

I saw a Bare Escentuals stand at the Dundrum shopping centre yesterday...it was in the big, high-priced store, I forget the name. HTH.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 boutiquespa

Prices are quite good - christmas packs now for €65
    individual refills for €32

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

PillyPen wrote: »
    I saw a Bare Escentuals stand at the Dundrum shopping centre yesterday...it was in the big, high-priced store, I forget the name. HTH.

BT2 is the store you are referring to.

OP - try the stuff out in BT2 and then get it online for far cheaper!

eth0_ wrote: »
    BT2 is the store you are referring to.

OP - try the stuff out in BT2 and then get it online for far cheaper!

Yep, you are right!

OP, I know someone else already mentioned this, but I thought I'd add that I think everydayminerals are far superior to Bare Escentuals. I think (as with all makeup) it comes down to personal preference, but it would certainly be worth trying the sample kit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭MissThing

PillyPen wrote: »
    Yep, you are right!

OP, I know someone else already mentioned this, but I thought I'd add that I think everydayminerals are far superior to Bare Escentuals. I think (as with all makeup) it comes down to personal preference, but it would certainly be worth trying the sample kit.

Can you send through the link to order the sample kit please, also how do you know from a screen what colour/texture will suit your skin?

MissThing wrote: »
    Can you send through the link to order the sample kit please, also how do you know from a screen what colour/texture will suit your skin?

Haha, get ready for a novel!

Here's the link to the sample kit:
    https://www.everydayminerals.com/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&page=shop.browse&category_id=26&Itemid=40
    It's the 3rd kit listed.

Here's a link to an explanation of their foundation formulas:
    https://www.everydayminerals.com/index.php?option=com_easyfaq&task=cat&catid=18&Itemid=52#faq30
    It basically comes down to whether you're warm- or cool-toned and what sort of coverage you're looking for. It's pretty hard to tell from the screen which color to choose, but you get to try three different foundations so you can play around with that. Also, you can order as many sample kits as you want. There's no limit, and it's pretty cheap since all you have to pay is shipping. (Not sure how much they charge for shipping to Ireland though.)

Also, their brushes are wonderful!

Advertisement