Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

location for Stag - Hamburg, Frankfurt, Madrid?

• 01-04-2008 3:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭

can get reasonable prices for flights to all the above. Which would be the best crack. Won't be going mental but want a lively atmosphere, cheap but good food and drink. cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Hamburg is alot better than Frankfurt. The latter being a tad dull.

Depends on when you want to go to Madrid, as during the summer months it is waaay to hot and humid for us Paddys!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

gimmick wrote: »
    Hamburg is alot better than Frankfurt. The latter being a tad dull.

Depends on when you want to go to Madrid, as during the summer months it is waaay to hot and humid for us Paddys!

cheers.
    looking like mid may probably. shouldn't be quite as hot as it gets, then?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,151 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Didn't enjoy Madrid myself (was with missus) but clubs open til 6/7 in the morning and if you're into football you could probably catch a match. Weekends in city centre pretty lively (not threatening either)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭life_is_music

Frankfurt is a boring city........but has a massive red light district!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭TeenageKicks

If it is a stag then go to Frankfurt for the obvious reasons

• Advertisement

think we're gonna plump for hamburg then. anyone recommend some decent apartment accommodation or a nice cheapish hotel?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,411 ✭✭✭finbarrk

Hamburg would be my choice anyway.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

Hamburg is a great city, tonnes to see and do. However I can't imagine stag parties fitting in there, it's kind of a trendy place with stylish people etc., I doubt they'd have much time for hoardes of drunken yobbos.
    I bet you all end up in that stupid irish bar on the Reeperbahn. Tonnes of hookers though on the plus side.

BraziliaNZ wrote: »
    Hamburg is a great city, tonnes to see and do. However I can't imagine stag parties fitting in there, it's kind of a trendy place with stylish people etc., I doubt they'd have much time for hoardes of drunken yobbos.
    I bet you all end up in that stupid irish bar on the Reeperbahn. Tonnes of hookers though on the plus side.

Jesus, give us some credit. It's my stag but it's just seven guys going away for a weekend. We might go to see a match, have a few nice meals, go to a few local pubs and clubs but I never ever go to Irish bars abroad. It's one of my pet hates (unless there's an Ireland game I can't see elsewhere.)

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Reggie noble

Hey guys, not sure the rules for posting here on an old thread .

Anyway I'm going to Hamburg for my stag this summer , other than the repperbahn is there an area in Hamburg with normal bars / clubs ?

A work colleague is back from Hamburg last weekend and he says the repperbahn is a rough seedy kip

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,308 ✭✭✭whomitconcerns

Well 10 years on I doubt this thread is relevant... Maybe read the rules :)

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Reggie noble

Well 10 years on I doubt this thread is relevant... Maybe read the rules :)

Thanks for that insightful comment . Men must not go on Stags where you are in 2018

Advertisement