Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Priest objecting to marriage?

• 26-02-2008 10:36am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 705 ✭✭✭

Hi,

My Fiancee and I are getting married (hopefully) in July. However after meeting with the priest last week to complete our pre-nuptial enquiry form, which was a bit of an ordeal, he seems to have reservations about marrying us.

A section on the form asks if you promise to raise your children unders god's blah blah blah, anyway...I of course said 'yes no problem' (hoping to get it over and done with quickly), My Fiancee on the other hand said 'I dont plan on having children.' Well.....the priest couldn't believe it. He sat us both down for a half an hour talking about it....And then asks ...'Why are you getting married if you dont want kids'? ..What kind of question is that?

After a lenghty discussion he basically had to get advice on the situation as he's never come across it before...and he calls me last night and wants to meet us with what sounded like bad news.....

This post is long enough already so....Is he or can they really not marry you if children are not being considered?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

CTU_Agent wrote: »
    This post is long enough already so....Is he or can they really not marry you if children are not being considered?

Yes, they pretty much consider it a fundamental part of the whole deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 705 ✭✭✭CTU_Agent

discussion continuing in Religion forum...please close this one.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement