Advertisement
Where is Report Post on mobile? We've made a slight change, see here
Have your say on the future of the 'Save Draft' feature in this poll
MODs please see this information notice in the mod's forum. Thanks!
How to add spoiler tags, edit posts, add images etc. How to - a user's guide to the new version of Boards

Barnwell, Hansfield, near Ongar, Dublin 15

1777879808183»

Comments



  • We're waiting for snagging dates but the builders are delayed because of irish water. Many others are also delayed as well.

    They're looking to start launching their second phase soon but haven't even sorted first phase yet

    if they are planning for second phase means the water issue will sort out soon hopefully...




  • Prices for 3bed starting at 360k in the next phase, apparently.




  • Damo 2k9 wrote: »
    Prices for 3bed starting at 360k in the next phase, apparently.

    do you have the price list for phase 2?

    3 bed of Phase 1 release has minimum price of 369k




  • userduluth wrote: »
    do you have the price list for phase 2?

    3 bed of Phase 1 release has minimum price of 369k

    3 bed of phase 1 started at 345k (Station Rd)

    Rang Kelly Walsh office today and they advised 3 bed in this phase will start at 360k.




  • userduluth wrote: »
    if they are planning for second phase means the water issue will sort out soon hopefully...

    I really hope so too, fingers crossed! there's been many many delays over the last few months so maybe this will be the last of it


  • Advertisement


  • Damo 2k9 wrote: »
    3 bed of phase 1 started at 345k (Station Rd)

    Rang Kelly Walsh office today and they advised 3 bed in this phase will start at 360k.

    ok, yes these are the 3 bed Townhouses...so if its a 15k increase then for 3 bed Double-fronted its may be 415k :eek:




  • userduluth wrote: »
    ok, yes these are the 3 bed Townhouses...so if its a 15k increase then for 3 bed Double-fronted its may be 415k :eek:

    How did you work out 415K?

    Did you mean 375K (360+15)?




  • bbari wrote: »
    How did you work out 415K?

    Did you mean 375K (360+15)?

    last release 3 Bed Beech - Double-fronted were between 395-399k

    tZgs75w




  • userduluth wrote: »
    last release 3 Bed Beech - Double-fronted were between 395-399k

    tZgs75w

    Got ya, 15k increase between the two releases for the similar house type.
    Based on that, 4 bed Ash would be around 500k mark then?




  • Prices for the houses released today.

    2021-05-12-15-56-50-Clipboard.png


  • Advertisement


  • Hey guys. Looking at ongar to buy an apartment. Looking through this thread, I can see it's mostly people looking to buy but saw a few comments from current residents talking about anti social behaviour and crime. Is there any long time residents who don't think that the area is rough? In particular, looking at places on chipping row, the crescent, annaly drive and Allendale square. Seems to be one of the few places to get a 2 bed for around 220k in Dublin. Thanks




  • Hey guys. Looking at ongar to buy an apartment. Looking through this thread, I can see it's mostly people looking to buy but saw a few comments from current residents talking about anti social behaviour and crime. Is there any long time residents who don't think that the area is rough? In particular, looking at places on chipping row, the crescent, annaly drive and Allendale square. Seems to be one of the few places to get a 2 bed for around 220k in Dublin. Thanks

    I'm in the area over 13 years, just around the corner from a couple of the places you mentioned and in the general Blanch area my whole life. I've never once had any physical or confrontational trouble in the area but I don't go looking for it (if you get me).
    Now, unwanted trouble, i've had cars robbed twice, first car was taken around 10pm and crashed a few kilometres away on the backroads into Meath, second car they broke into my house and got the keys, car has never been recovered. Us and a few neighbours have had cars broken into and riffled through, stuff taken from gardens, just general local area thefts (trust me it's not just happening in Ongar).
    My advice for you would to visit the area at night time and drive around, you'll always know how quiet an area is and see the gangs hanging about after dark, I walk my dogs late in the evening and never once felt unsafe, the local playground is decimated, basically everything was robbed from it apart from the basket ball nets, there's lovely walks around though and people are always nice to each other, the local shops are good, the Rendevous coffee shop is lovely, Pavlos has great cakes etc, i'm personally not into the local pup and have literally only used it twice but when opened it's mostly full.
    Apart from the cars, I can't really think of anything else to say, I personally think it's a nice area but others not, again best advice is to visit it at at few different times of day and definitely an dusk/after dark visit.
    Best of luck woth the buy




  • Was anyone on here lucky enough to reserve a house in Phase 2 of Barnwell Park?




  • billie1b wrote: »
    I'm in the area over 13 years, just around the corner from a couple of the places you mentioned and in the general Blanch area my whole life. I've never once had any physical or confrontational trouble in the area but I don't go looking for it (if you get me).
    Now, unwanted trouble, i've had cars robbed twice, first car was taken around 10pm and crashed a few kilometres away on the backroads into Meath, second car they broke into my house and got the keys, car has never been recovered. Us and a few neighbours have had cars broken into and riffled through, stuff taken from gardens, just general local area thefts (trust me it's not just happening in Ongar).
    My advice for you would to visit the area at night time and drive around, you'll always know how quiet an area is and see the gangs hanging about after dark, I walk my dogs late in the evening and never once felt unsafe, the local playground is decimated, basically everything was robbed from it apart from the basket ball nets, there's lovely walks around though and people are always nice to each other, the local shops are good, the Rendevous coffee shop is lovely, Pavlos has great cakes etc, i'm personally not into the local pup and have literally only used it twice but when opened it's mostly full.
    Apart from the cars, I can't really think of anything else to say, I personally think it's a nice area but others not, again best advice is to visit it at at few different times of day and definitely an dusk/after dark visit.
    Best of luck woth the buy


    Cheers for the reply. That unwanted trouble, is that in the Ongar area? Or elsewhere in Blanch? Thing is, that to me is pretty unusual. I have never had a car broken into, although neighbours have the odd time, so are you unlucky in it happening twice? or does it happen so often that everyone will be hit at some point?

    If I become serious about buying in the area, I will get an airbnb there for a few nights and see what its like. But want to be pretty sure about the area before I go to that effort/expense.

    What is the social housing vs private aspect like in Ongar?

    Thanks again for the reply!




  • We're waiting for snagging dates but the builders are delayed because of irish water. Many others are also delayed as well.

    They're looking to start launching their second phase soon but haven't even sorted first phase yet

    Hey just wanted to check whether you got the phase 1 house sorted. We booked a house in phase 2 and wanted to get an idea whether there will be any delays since we had to plan around that. Right now agent has said that phase 2 will be completed by August end.




  • reshmams wrote: »
    Hey just wanted to check whether you got the phase 1 house sorted. We booked a house in phase 2 and wanted to get an idea whether there will be any delays since we had to plan around that. Right now agent has said that phase 2 will be completed by August end.

    At this moment, things are moving. Irish water issue has been sorted, tests have passed. Phase 1 buyers are waiting for approval to do reinspection on their snags, also the builders expect our sale to complete before the end of June.

    As far as I know, there shouldn't be any delays with Phase 2 homes, and seems like you're on track for completion by end of August. Then again you just never know what could come up so hope you guys dont get any delays!




  • At this moment, things are moving. Irish water issue has been sorted, tests have passed. Phase 1 buyers are waiting for approval to do reinspection on their snags, also the builders expect our sale to complete before the end of June.

    As far as I know, there shouldn't be any delays with Phase 2 homes, and seems like you're on track for completion by end of August. Then again you just never know what could come up so hope you guys dont get any delays!

    Thanks a lot for the reply. Very helpful.




  • Phase 2 here as well.... When we viewed the showhouse the agent said that the builders are claiming July/August for completion, but that the agents themselves are giving space and aiming for August/September.




  • Phase 3 of barnwell park is open now, only 3 bedrooms this time







  • Hi, I just got a house in Phase 2 and I tried to access the link but it is saying that the link was reset. Do you mind sharing the new invite link? Thanks in advance.



  • Advertisement
Advertisement