Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Lessons / Teachers [Post here only]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9 MickyBaker

Hi
    Michael Mc Cague here.
    I am now located permanently in Galway City and giving lessons here.
    I'm looking build up a teaching schedule here now.

I teach the following -

Trad Guitar - DADGAD, Dropped D and Standard tunings
    Bouzouki
    Banjo
    Fiddle
    Concertina (beginners)

I have been teaching for years and taught at The Joe Mooney Summer School, Drumshanbo, The Jackson Irish Fest, CeltiCimes Fest, The Brantry Fest
    I have taught privately for nearly 10 years now also and played with John Carty, John Mc Sherry, Brian Mc Grath, Edel Fox and others.
    I can also teach some pop, rock and jazz standards if required.

Very reasonable rates and may be fit to travel depending on times.
    You can email me on michaelmccague@yahoo.com or PM me for more details, phone contacts etc.

Thanks very much,
    Michael.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 sophie mangan

Hi

I'm in Kildare and starting on flute. I looked up online and could not find anything. Is there any flute lessons group or private (private would be best) around Allenwood, Coill Dubh, Timahoe, Prousperous or Clane or near any of them would be great.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 clareo24

Hi,

I am available to teach tinwhistle to beginners, intermediate and advanced level players to anyone from the age of 7 years up.

I cater for the Drumcondra/Phibsborough area of Dublin and can do 1:1 lessons or small groups(maximum of 4). You will learn to read music correctly and play airs, jigs, reels and polkas.

If you are or know of anybody looking for lessons for their children or themselves, please do not hesitate to forward my number which is 086/1785210.

I will travel to homes to conduct lessons.

Looking forward to hearing from you or your friends/colleagues!

Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 17 crossor

Hi,

I've been playing guitar for a few years and I'm looking to get some lessons on playing traditional Irish pieces. Pointers on playing jigs, reels etc and different strumming patterns so that I can join in with trad sessions. I'm living in Rathgar so somewhere convenient to there would be great.

Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 872 ✭✭✭martyoo

Box lessons needed c#d player in Mayo area.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 catcatcatmolmol

Subject(s): Suzuki Violin, fiddle, viola
    Lessons in Students Home? Yes
    Contact Name: Caitriona
    Email: catcatcatmolmolmol@yahoo.co.uk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭dyeti

Anyone willing to teach a young lad the piano accordion in Cork city? Been looking for a teacher but can't find one for the life of me! Nor do I know how to play one for the life of me! I am extremely eager to learn this instrument, though. Message me if anyone knows anything!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Mahonie

Hi, im and experienced performer and teacher in killarney co. kerry. ive toured and played around the country and abroad with various traditional music groups and shows. im available for teaching in guitar and bodhran and ceili band drums, you can contact me here or email, fiainceol@gmail.com thanks

dyeti wrote: »
    Anyone willing to teach a young lad the piano accordion in Cork city? Been looking for a teacher but can't find one for the life of me! Nor do I know how to play one for the life of me! I am extremely eager to learn this instrument, though. Message me if anyone knows anything!

I'm afraid it's not a very popular instrument and is looked down upon with traditional musicians, unless you are a Roma gypsy. The irish button accordion however is very popular and you should have no problem getting a teacher. My advice would be to switch. Button accordion is a better instrument and ud be playing in no time with the amount of quality teachers around

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭dyeti

Mahonie wrote: »
    I'm afraid it's not a very popular instrument and is looked down upon with traditional musicians, unless you are a Roma gypsy. The irish button accordion however is very popular and you should have no problem getting a teacher. My advice would be to switch. Button accordion is a better instrument and ud be playing in no time with the amount of quality teachers around

I realize that it's not a trad instrument in the traditional sense of the term, but it does fit well best with my other interests of music (klezmer, gypsy, Russian folk and so on...) and I have also seen the occassional piano accordion at trad sessions! But nonetheless, I do acknowledge and respect the fact it is not a classical trad instrument. I'm not going to make the switch and buy ANOTHER €350 accordion just so I can take lessons and play trad music.

I'm sure there must be someone somewhere in Cork city who can play the piano accordion!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 carmelb

HI
    Are u still giving Tin Whistle lessons, 2 adults wanting to learn TW near Kilkenny, started in Ceoltas in Sept but found it was all children so gave up at xmas but would love to continue. Any luck? Thanks a mill.
    carmel

my emal add is carmelbergin1@eirom.net for reply

experienced teacher/player available for lessons ... one on one or group.

dont do tin whistle and never did, sorry

Thanks but am only looking for a Tin Whistle teacher for 2 adults.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 872 ✭✭✭martyoo

Accordion teached in Kildare needed!! c#/d

• Registered Users Posts: 1 MagsWallace

Hi,

I'm currently a student of the Ba in Irish Music and Dance at the University of Limerick , and I am available to give lessons during the weekends in Roscommon in a variety of instruments including tin whistle,fiddle and mandolin. Lessons are 10 euro for half an hour one-to-one tuition. For more details contact me on 083 187 6490

• Registered Users Posts: 5 TheOriginalH

Complete novice looking for Violin/Fiddle lessons in and around the Kilkenny/Waterford area.
    Drop me a PM if there's any of ye out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Jim05

Button accordion lessons wanted in kerry

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭JoeSexton

I am looking for low whistle lessons in either city centre or clondalkin area.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭vangoz

JoeSexton wrote: »
    I am looking for low whistle lessons in either city centre or clondalkin area.

Also looking for Tin whistle / Low whistle / Flute lessons in the city centre or Tallaght Area

• Registered Users Posts: 1 dean_1910

I am Looking a instructors; martial arts, fitness, dance class etc. I have a hall/fitness studio in Kinnegad where we run classes out of. We currently have some free slots in our timetable and I was wondering would you be interested in setting up classes here.

Kinnegad is the 3rd biggest town in Westmeath. Athlone and Mullingar coming before it in that order. So it is an untapped area in my eyes.
    We have being running the same classes for over a year but I would like to provide more to the area.

We also have good advertising space outside the hall right in the middle of town, so there would be no problem spreading the word and filling up your classes.

Please reach me out in my email: myentrepreneursuccess(at)gmail(dot)com

Please contact me to discuss further details!

Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭Sneachta

Hi

I'm in Kildare and starting on flute. I looked up online and could not find anything. Is there any flute lessons group or private (private would be best) around Allenwood, Coill Dubh, Timahoe, Prousperous or Clane or near any of them would be great.

There's flute lessons in Kilcock Comhaltas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Catriona54

I teach Piano in the Maynooth area. If interested just PM me here. Will travel within 30 minutes from Maynooth.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Anzu

Hey. I' m looking for some lessons in the limerick area to possibly improve my playing skills in any way, it would be mostly in terms of reading sheet music properly and any theory that may go with that. I play well enough but maybe with some guidance I could play better. Just looking to become more rounded if possible. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Martin Legge

Anzu send me a PM and we can discuss a few lessons, I'm based in Limerick and can come to you. Is it piano you play?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭thehamo

Looking for traditional guitar lessons around the Dublin North area. Dadgad and regular tuning. Regular guitar player for over 15 years, tho self taught so never learned to read music.

Thanks,

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭glord

Im in Clonard,Co.Meath and give trad guitar lessons.How to play the tunes as well as backing them. Might be a bit of a distance but it be worth it .Not everyone plays the tunes also and I think its essential to be a good backer

• Registered Users Posts: 12 ECau

thehamo wrote: »
    Looking for traditional guitar lessons around the Dublin North area. Dadgad and regular tuning. Regular guitar player for over 15 years, tho self taught so never learned to read music.

Thanks,

Check your inbox. Just sent you a PM.
    Enjoy!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 A.Dot

Hi all,

I'm looking for either group or individual lessons in either Carlow town, or Wexford/Enniscorthy/New Ross area. I am interested in flute lessons and I have a friend interested in tinwhistle lessons.

Any suggestions would be appreciated

Advertisement