Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What can a 10 year old boy do at a wedding?

Options
  • 14-01-2008 11:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭

Myself and my girlfirend have decide to plan our wedding for 2010. I have an 8 year old son from a previous relationship. He will be too old to be a page boy when the wedding comes around (normally 5-6 years old), and too young to be a groosman. We'd like him to be apart of the wedding, but what could he do?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,196 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Who's to say he's too young to be a groomsman?

Once he's quite out-going I'm sure he could help out as an usher?

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭texanman

He could read one of the Prayers of the faithful.It will only be a few lines.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭dame

texanman wrote: »
    He could read one of the Prayers of the faithful.It will only be a few lines.

A ten year old should be well capable of doing a full reading. The Usher idea is good too, he'd feel important. Maybe he could do a reading and be an Usher?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,915 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

Ring-bearer? Or maybe co-best-man, obviously as he isn't an adult he can't be the legal witness on your wedding certificate but plenty of registrars will allow a child to be a 3rd signature if you explain the situation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭kizzyr

I think he could be a groomsman, no reason for him not to be really is there? As other FMs have suggested, he could be an usher, read Prayers of the Faithful etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

My 19 year old brother was a page boy at our wedding, he walked down with the youngest flower girl.

You could have him as ring bearer or you could have him bring you the silver coins to exchange. But I definitely don't think he is too old to be a page boy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭JackieChan

My thoughts are, this is your wedding have him do what ye and him would be comfortable with.Anything goes bar best man really

• Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭Featherl

First or Second reading

Prayer of Faithful

Hand out Mass Booklets

Usher

Decorate cars during mass

Advertisement