Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What darts do we all use? Show and tell!

Options
  • 10-01-2008 10:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,144 ✭✭✭

Harrows Assassain 24g with short nylon stems and standard poly flights.

i1500392_DSC00333.JPG

1500392_DSC00333.JPG.html

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,144 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Also, has anyone used the Barney "Triple B" or the new "BarneyGrip" darts with the ghostgrip coating? Tempted to pick up a set as I need more grip.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭MBC

Have only started playing league darts in Oct and already I have lost 3 sets of these........thank jaysus they only cost €11 in argos :eek:

3024784SPA63UC141803X.jpg

Although Im looking at a set of Adrian Lewis & also Ronnie Baxter darts on ebay.

The Adrian Lewis Contender darts seem to get good reviews from people.

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭AndyP

Also, has anyone used the Barney "Triple B" or the new "BarneyGrip" darts with the ghostgrip coating? Tempted to pick up a set as I need more grip.

I use em, 22gm, and the grip is super.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭Healio

I use the same as MBC. Winmau Navigator 25g

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭NeoRox

MBC wrote: »
    Have only started playing league darts in Oct and already I have lost 3 sets of these........thank jaysus they only cost €11 in argos :eek:

3024784SPA63UC141803X.jpg

Although Im looking at a set of Adrian Lewis & also Ronnie Baxter darts on ebay.

You might as well stock up on these they are reduced to 7.50 a set in Argos at the minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭swalsh

Zone.JPG

i use these, 22g, with the grip on the left.

I use them with short stems and regular poly flights

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭Shane190

I use these 24g Phil Taylor darts. The barrel is quite long and has a lot of grip. I use small shafts and find them a brilliant set of darts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 DublinDutch

Shane190 wrote: »
    I use these 24g Phil Taylor darts. The barrel is quite long and has a lot of grip. I use small shafts and find them a brilliant set of darts.

Same here but I use the 18g ones

• Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

Shane190 wrote: »

When I broke a dart on my ceramic floor, I discover these as well.

They are alright.

The darts that I had were a set of 24g Unicorns that were dilled out by a guy in London Ontario (Jeff Pickup)and fitted with a stainless steel moveable point.

Phenominal set of darts. If I can find the other two barrels, I may find someone to cut me another set a close to them as possible.

I used to throw 23 gram Tough Coat Gorrila Grip Hammerheads. I love the knurl and feel of the dart, but I don't care for the finish on the points. They tend to wear away and the darts 'wiggles'.

Currently, I have a set that I assembled online 22g barrels with a circular barreled knurl - short stems and hard poly amazon flights. I also use the original stainless steel moveable point designed by Jeff Pickup that I had on the drilled out Unicorns.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Pgough

Changed to Co Stompe 21g last September and I love them.

stompe%2090%20set-1.jpg

stompe%2090.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭clivebaby

I use Eric Bristow 25g darts.Medium stems or shafts and standard flights.I tried using Phil Taylors 25g and couldnt throw them so stuck with Bristows.

Some ****er nicked my darts in my local.

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Rebel021

Since I'm only back playing for about 5 weeks I bought new sets of Darts and found the grip wasn't the best So these arrived today
    21g High Profiles 85% Tungsten
    08a1_1.jpg

And these should arrive this week
    21g Razor Edge Extra Grip
    e1_1_b.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Rebel021

Pgough wrote: »
    Changed to Co Stompe 21g last September and I love them.

stompe%2090%20set-1.jpg

stompe%2090.jpg

Where did you get these I would like a set myself.
    Are they Expensive

digimarc.ms?img=master:BTL004.jpg&h=383&w=383

Just picked up a new set of darts while back in the States. They are keepers (so far) with a really nice knurl and a narrow barrell (23 grams)

Looking forward to getting some use out of them in the very near future.

Im using these at the moment 30g. They are very small.........am thinking of changing to a set of adrian lewis........i like heavy darts and the heaviest they do in the lewis set is 26g.

a90b_1_b.JPG

Im using these at the moment 30g. They are very small.........am thinking of changing to a set of adrian lewis........i like heavy darts and the heaviest they do in the lewis set is 26g.

a90b_1_b.JPG

Wow.....why not glue some feathers to a brick with a nail in it ?? lol

Wow.....why not glue some feathers to a brick with a nail in it ?? lol

:D:D:D trust you rented haha good reply.

:D:D:D trust you rented haha good reply.

I do what I can lol

Hope to show off the new pegs down at the Farmhouse this weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Double Top

using Sub-zero 21g, Great grip and super slim, Great for stacking and grouping

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 Bull Buchanan

Eric Bristow 21g. snug like a glove in yerhand!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭dionsiseire

My New Arrows of Choice,

Red Dragon, Amberjacks, 24 Grams

http://www.reddragondarts.com/cgi-bin/sitewise.pl?act=big&p=520&secdesc=1&id=dragon

PRODPIC-520.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

Harrows Assassain 24g with short nylon stems and standard poly flights.

i1500392_DSC00333.JPG

1500392_DSC00333.JPG.html

I use the 32g [soon to be 36g ] ones, small or medium stems and vortex flights

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Double Top

changed my darts form the sub-zero's to james wade's 20g unicorn arrows. my brother got them for me for xmas and they are perfect for me, super slim and great balance, first 15 darts i threw, 100,100,140,140,180:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭ratinakeg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭nhughes100

Using unicorn 26 G Peter Manley mid range, they're not the darts Manley uses, his picture is on the box and the similarity ends there. Great all round grip, must admit I like the look of Stompe's darts too, might have a look for them. Having trouble getting a pic of them but they sell them in Elverys!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭death1234567

I use these. Assassin's, 21grams. Mine are real thin, I use the long stems and slim flights.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 316 ✭✭reverandkenjami

I'm have 25g "Barneygrip" darts.. Excellent grip on them,

• Advertisement

I got a 23g set a fair while back. Had them up here to sell or swap but not takers, I couldnt get used to them at all. Gave them a try over the xmas and been using them for a lot of games since. They really are good when you get used to them. Had to change my grip slightly but hitting a large amount of 100's with them.

Advertisement