Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wexford Venues

Options
  • 03-01-2008 5:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭

Want to have a look at a few places in Wexford and wondering if anyone could tell me if they have had good experiences, bad experiences or just know of places that are good. Should be about 150 people. I read the earlier post about Whites and will defo have a look there but any others would be appreciated.
    Thanks a million.;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭the GALL

Rosen wrote: »
    Want to have a look at a few places in Wexford and wondering if anyone could tell me if they have had good experiences, bad experiences or just know of places that are good. Should be about 150 people. I read the earlier post about Whites and will defo have a look there but any others would be appreciated.
    Thanks a million.;)

my wife and i got married may 2006 and being the type off people who do things once and right we trawelled wexford looking for the right venue, cars, hotel ( our guest travelled from all over the world we're not indiginous to wexford)we tried all the hotels in the town for food acomodation most of the hotels we just arrived out of the blue and had meals ((to check out staff(uniforms, deportment/ mannerism) we tried whites and didnt find them helpful ...we booked a smoking room with bath they gave us a non smoking room with a wet room/shower and at about 4.30 the heating went then the hot water went we just found them to be impersonable when we made a complaint.... oh yea and try finding your way around the hotel the forth floor lift doesnt go to the basement/street level first floor will go to forth but not basement not a problem you might add but when the lifts are not side by side and they water down the drinks (dont drink the bacardi after 12) come down to the county and go to some of the wedding fairs the cars we rented in castlebridge great guys well dressed/presented no stress at all.... the photographer a chap called leo doyle from gorey great guy put the wifes mind at ease (thank fcuk) we got our wine in that shop in stillorgan good wine and reasonably priced ...the stanville lodge hotel was were we went for the reception its a little out of the town (5 mins) on the n25 i think, the rooms were spotless the food was excellent..... one wedding a day ....nice bit of land for the kids to run around (playground etc)3 bars the resident bar stayed open all night or so im told not a bother out of the barmen. the manager annmarie (neville) true professional nothing had to be asked twice most didnt have to be asked at all and heres the funny part ..when we were leaving to setteling the bill they owed us money wich is always good
    anyway that was our experienced of weddings in wexford and if you need any phone numbers mail us and we'll send on the guys we used

Advertisement