Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Making your own invitations

Options
  • 26-12-2007 9:53am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭

There's a number of card making shops in my town and I am tempted :D

Has anyone else done it? Or does it look cheap and tacky? I love things like this so would be able for plenty of sequin glueing and glitter sprinkling lol.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,832 ✭✭✭littlebug

I just spotted your post on the main page (i.e I'm a long time married so wouldn't ususally look at this forum!)

Making your own invitations is a lovely idea and it certainly doesn't have to be tacky. There are also online card craft sites that have specific wedding sections. I sometimes get Christmas card stuff from craftsupplies.ie and they have a link to a sister site dedicated to wedding invites. Even if you don't order from them there are lots of examples so you can get some ideas. Then you could compare prices with your local shops/ other sites etc.
    I did do the inserts for our invitations, just printed on to some lovely handmade paper.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

i've gotten three different wedding invitations that were all done by the couple themselves, and i have to say, i really quite liked them, they were all completely different from each other, and very personal and unique.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

We (kinda) made our own invites. We received a load of comments on how different they were. It's great going to houses and seeing them still stuck to the fridge!!! One of them serrupticiously made it into the Sunday Indo mag too :)

We took three 'wedding' themed photos and got them printed here:
    http://www.moo.com/ (the note cards)

We had the theme of the three pics throughout the wedding - on the menus, the place names (sticker books) etc.

For the actual invites, we did a mail merge and printed out all the seperate invites on white paper. Then cut with a guillotine and pritt-sticked them to the card.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭beaushalloe

i did my own last summer, got the supplies rom a small local hobby shop, took me bout a month to do all (200 day & 40 evening) enjoyed it, and saved an absolute fortune. everyone commented on them as well, they were colour cordinated to what i and the bridesmaids were wearing. i also kept one in my wedding file along with recipts quotes etc, as a keepsake to show my future children!
    go for it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Kincorababe

I am in the process of making my own invitations. All you need is time and patience! I think it makes it more personal and if you look for ideas online, you can easily make similar ones. The materials for my invitations only set me back €60, and that is for 200!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

I made my own in Word and thought they looked ok. :) We did buy the inserts (which had a silver border on them) and envelopes. It took a few tries to get the alignment right. Saves getting a printing shop to do it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 ocr

Hey i too am making my own wedding invitations i am getting most of my supplies from a site called www.diywedding.ie its a great site has everything you need.

Advertisement