Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oiling up the Tape Players out in Montrose.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Maid Marian has gone missing again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭Barname

mike65 wrote: »

.........she's headed off to stock up on duty free cig's

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Ah come on Mike,that whole four hours a week would start to get to you after a while.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

Must be some 'Charridee' ' that needs attention outside a radius of 9000 miles;)

Must be some 'Charridee' ' that needs attention outside a radius of 9000 miles;)

well I know that she does work for the Hospice Foundation.. (did work for them myself, that guy Eugene Murray is an angry b0st0rd).. but I would reckon that this is just to do with her holidays.. Rachael, who I prefer anyway, will probably be on tomorrow as well.

• Advertisement

well I know that she does work for the Hospice Foundation.. (did work for them myself, that guy Eugene Murray is an angry b0st0rd).. but I would reckon that this is just to do with her holidays.. Rachael, who I prefer anyway, will probably be on tomorrow as well.

My point is that she is paid 450k pa of taxes from John Q taxpayer.

Indirectly perhaps but that's how it works.

Eugene Murray... is he an RTE head....sounds like an absolute whanker from your description.

Leather elbowed gimp from Booterstown I suspect, out of touch with reality in my opinion.

My point is that she is paid 450k pa of taxes from John Q taxpayer. Indirectly perhaps but that's how it works.
    Oh No I agree with you .. But I'm sure she would argue that she is entitled to her holidays.. How long she is getting I dont know. but I have said before, that it would make economical sense to retire Marian (I like her but she costs too much) and give the job to Rachael full time.
    Eugene Murray... is he an RTE head....sounds like an absolute whanker from your description.
    No, but he heads the Irish Hospice Foundation. Marian had a daughter who died very young, so she supports them and does a lot of ads/promos for them. To be fair to Eugene, I was the fourth engineer from the company to look at the server issues that he was having... but he took the head off me the minute I walked in the door..

Oh No I agree with you .. But I'm sure she would argue that she is entitled to her holidays.. How long she is getting I dont know. but I have said before, that it would make economical sense to retire Marian (I like her but she costs too much) and give the job to Rachael full time.

No, but he heads the Irish Hospice Foundation. Marian had a daughter who died very young, so she supports them and does a lot of ads/promos for them. To be fair to Eugene, I was the fourth engineer from the company to look at the server issues that he was having... but he took the head off me the minute I walked in the door..

Ok.. something tells me Eugene Murray worked for RTE at some stage.

Would have to say that Marian has shot her bolt, what's the business term...'costs too fhuuking much:D'

All those gimps should have the auld contracts re-evalued and suck in a large dose of reality.

Living in cloud cuckoo land most of them.

FFS I'm hearing RTE(that's us) had to sub Morah after Gerrard popped his clogs:eek:

WTF!!

Ok.. something tells me Eugene Murray worked for RTE at some stage.

Eugene Murray
    Yep. He's a lifetime civil servant,

Eugene was formerly a member of the Executive Board of RTE, where he held a number of senior management posts, including Director of Business Planning, Director of Digital Media and Head of Current Affairs, Television. In his earlier RTE career, he worked as a producer in radio and television. He was Editor of the flagship TV current affairs programme, Today Tonight.

Lifetime civil servant:eek:

That doesn't make him a lifetime civil servant!!

He's a focking RTE head.... I knew it.

No wonder he took the head off ya... the auld vested interest syndrome.

Public service horse, not civil service.

• Advertisement

No wonder he took the head off ya... the auld vested interest syndrome.
    Well it was more the fact that his email had been down for a week. Nearly had a fistfight with him in reception with the way he spoke to me.. :eek: Got the thing fixed in the end anyway, before one of us died.

Hey, just to get back on thread track, did Rachael say where Marian was? Just listening back to the podcast..

No... :D You didn't expect that information surely?

Check out the vested interest, Murray, Finucane all using their profile to screw the taxpayer and further their own causes.

Jonners you need to be a bit more streetwise;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,493 ✭✭✭Fulton Crown

Poly wrote: »
    The Jane Austin convention is on in Ibiza

No..I think he has gone to the "Thin Nerd" conference in Riga.....

Pat Kenny is off tomorrow as well.. "for a few days"... Myles will be filling in.

Stand by for a few tedious items about the US military...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Poly

Stand by for a few tedious items about the US military...
    or abstract art depicting the life of the gobi desert rat

Marian Finucane off again this weekend. Must be away on holidays.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭dh0661

Marian Finucane off again this weekend. Must be away on holidays.

Pat Kenny & Joe Duffy were off all week also - AFAIK

The good catholics down these parts do a months mind thing for their dead friends, maybe they do that sort of thing in Montrose also.

Tubridy says that he's away from next week. Please god, he wont come back. God bless Aoibhinn, she's probably stuck with the boring c*nt for the next while.

Kenny just wound up his show, he almost sounded embarrassed as he did so. 90 mins is your lot for the rest of summer, so that means 90 mins of Ronan Collins. Yipee.

Now if they knew they were doing this couldn't they have arsed themselves into producing some 30 min programmes? Comedy, drama, arts, docs.

/waves to rte, ya lazy tossers!.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Poly

PK just announced that for the next few weeks his show will end early for some non-specific reason, over to Ronan Collins

WTF is going on in Montrose? Wasters the lot of them.

No way is this listener going to take 90 mins of 'music by numbers' Ronán O Coileán.Not even one minute.... thank God for internet radio.

What a bunch of wasters out there.

No way is this listener going to take 90 mins of 'music by numbers' Ronán O Coileán.Not even one minute.... thank God for internet radio.

Will loose a lot of listners to Newstalk for this slot this poster would opine !

Why Collins ? Why Mr.Bland de Bland from Blandland....who schedules this stuff?

Not The Bland Aonghus fella ......no surely not.....:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭Derryleigh

Why not have Ronan Collins on a bit earlier. Its sumemrtime. Not much happening on news front. Even sport leading with news from a pro-am. Other stations leading with news on the run away gunman in England.

My local station playing more music than talk all this week. A reflection that Dail is off, people on hols, nothing happening so we just hum along to the music, enjoy it and thank God its not more blather about NAMA, etc

Derryleigh wrote: »
    Why not have Ronan Collins on a bit earlier. Its sumemrtime. Not much happening on news front. Even sport leading with news from a pro-am. Other stations leading with news on the run away gunman in England.

My local station playing more music than talk all this week. A reflection that Dail is off, people on hols, nothing happening so we just hum along to the music, enjoy it and thank God its not more blather about NAMA, etc

Great:rolleyes:

The Dail is off so everything stops does it?.

The day to day news issues no longer happen? People are no longer shot down in the streets because the Dáil is not sitting?

Right let's put some inane predictable mundane bland geezer on the radio, play some Sonny Knowles, and Tony Kenny and jaysus:eek:everything is all right!!

Would you ever.......

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭Derryleigh

Great:rolleyes:

The Dail is off so everything stops does it?.

The day to day news issues no longer happen? People are no longer shot down in the streets because the Dáil is not sitting?

Right let's put some inane predictable mundane bland geezer on the radio, play some Sonny Knowles, and Tony Kenny and jaysus:eek:everything is all right!!

Would you ever.......

Better than what was on the six news this evening. The most unbelievable struggle I have ever seen to stitch an hour of news together ever.

Hedgehogs, adult reading courses, non NAMA story, FF meeting, Tiger saying nothing at a press conference and the Jack the Ripper story in England to name but a few. Even PK played music in the last half hour of his show today while my 1.80 for the Irish Indo today was the worst waste of money since I paid in to see the Rossies get hammered in the league!!

Keep your money in your pocket for the Connacht Final.

Derryleigh wrote: »
    Better than what was on the six news this evening. The most unbelievable struggle I have ever seen to stitch an hour of news together ever.

Hedgehogs, adult reading courses, non NAMA story, FF meeting, Tiger saying nothing at a press conference and the Jack the Ripper story in England to name but a few. Even PK played music in the last half hour of his show today while my 1.80 for the Irish Indo today was the worst waste of money since I paid in to see the Rossies get hammered in the league!!

Of course you know why this is don't you ?

The dail is a nice central well equipped place and ideal for lazy hack news gatherin.

Heaven forbid these lazy fat overpaid hacks would actually have to nose out a story.

And there is one of them in almost every county...problem is they are probably on holiday as well.

Newstalk have no obvious problems in filling their talk slots and in my opinion beat RTE hands down.

Get them up off their fat butts and stop them wasting taxpayers money I say.

Mind you I wouldn't mind helpin that Mannion one down in Galway get a bit o fat off her butt......

Kenny off, Dungan in "for the next few weeks". ie until Sept I imagine.

• Advertisement

A month is what Kenny said last Friday, which should see him back circa Aug. 16/8.

Cannot figure out why no-one turns the heat on RTE and the salaries out there.

It seems that RTE is just a nice little 'sleeper' while they coin it elsewhere.

Remember Mulooley and the media training.;)

Advertisement