Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AlBANIAN

Options
  • 23-12-2007 6:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭

I am curious why there is no Thread dedicated 2 Albanians> :confused:
    As there is high population of Albanians in Ireland,who love this country and work hard and are having children here.and have been living here for more then a decade

ckemi ;) how are you in translation starting off small

any others interested in this lovely language?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭shqipshume

hej dashnori jem,hi my love
    ka je?where are you?
    po du me te taku e me ti dhuru disa lule,i would like too meet u and bring u some flowers :)

Une jam: my name is
    ti je: you are?
    si je: how are you? or ckemi is for good friends
    Mire Faleminderit: good thanks: shume mire: very good
    po ti? : how about you or: a je ti mire are u well?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭luckylucky

Well it appears that you don't have too much interest in Albanian. Tbh not really surprising after all Albanian is only spoken by a few million people in Albania itself, kosovo and in some other parts of the ex-yugoslavia, so people outside of Albania would not find it so useful to know. I don't know much about Albanian myself except that it's quite a distinct indo-european language, i.e. it's not Latin based, Germanic, Celtic or Slavic Am I correct in saying it's a descendant of the early language of the Illryians, who inhabited that entire region before the coming of the Slavs? All that in itself makes it an interesting language from a linguists point of view I would think.

Personally I'd like to see a Portuguese sub forum, many Irish people holiday in Portugal and several thousand of us live there.

luckylucky wrote: »
    Well it appears that you don't have too much interest in Albanian. Tbh not really surprising after all Albanian is only spoken by a few million people in Albania itself, kosovo and in some other parts of the ex-yugoslavia, so people outside of Albania would not find it so useful to know. I don't know much about Albanian myself except that it's quite a distinct indo-european language, i.e. it's not Latin based, Germanic, Celtic or Slavic Am I correct in saying it's a descendant of the early language of the Illryians, who inhabited that entire region before the coming of the Slavs? All that in itself makes it an interesting language from a linguists point of view I would think.

Personally I'd like to see a Portuguese sub forum, many Irish people holiday in Portugal and several thousand of us live there.

i am impressed, :) u know correct history of the Illyrians and now known Shqip(Albanian) language, they have two main types of dialect tosk and gheq,it is also now very much used language all over Europe and here in Ireland too,If u just listen now in Dublin Cork Ennis etc.... u will hear a very distinct Albanian accent, sounds nothing like any other in europe,

p.s i have been studying Albanian for 12 years now, i know their history their hero's and their language culture and music.

BTW did u google that lol :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭luckylucky

shqipshume wrote: »
    BTW did u google that lol :D

Well I probably did before, but honestly didn't do it in reply to your post. I spent my honeymoon in Montenegro which of course borders Albania and has a sizable ethnic Albanian population in the south of the country. I was probably googling for info at that time. Also although I'm not a linguist, I find the subject interesting and I'm interested in history in general.

luckylucky wrote: »
    Well I probably did before, but honestly didn't do it in reply to your post. I spent my honeymoon in Montenegro which of course borders Albania and has a sizable ethnic Albanian population in the south of the country. I was probably googling for info at that time. Also although I'm not a linguist, I find the subject interesting and I'm interested in history in general.

oh u did wow very nice beautiful country, :) what part did u go 2? my bf is from Ulqin, it is indeed! it is a very unknown fact their hero kastrioti was the reason europe did not get taken over by the ottomans,taken at the young age of 11 2 turkey forced 2 change his religion and put in the army rose in the ranks,was sent back 2 Albania and he created the rebellion against the ottomans which forced them back. brave and strong characters yet they are often slandered as a nation,which is very wrong,like we have in ireland been in the past.

• Advertisement
Advertisement