Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Function room for weding

Options
  • 20-12-2007 5:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

I am looking for a function room in North Kilkenny or North Tipperary for my wedding in April 2009. I don't want to have it in a hotel, I am looking for a more relaxed environment where I could have a buffet style meal and a bar, Any ideas??:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭dollydishmop

Hi Liz

We were looking for the same kind of thing (also in North Tipp!).

In our situation my mum wanted to do all the catering (she does function catering as a business) and obviously no hotel is going to let us do our own catering.

We also wanted a licenced bar, as there's no way we could front up the amount of alcohol I know our friends can swallow all too easily. And with no temporay bar licences available in this country, this meant finding somewhere with a licensed bar, that would allow us to do our own catering.

A local Garda had a eureka moment and asked us if we'd considered any of the local sports clubs...most have club rooms, with a bar!

So we've settled on our local rugby club (as we both used to play rugby in college - so we've more interest in rugby than we have in soccer or GAA).

Its only costing a few hundred euro, and we have access to the room for the whole week leading up to the wedding, so we can go and dress the room up to our liking.
    They are providing the bar staff, and sorting out the bar extension...and that's all included in the price.

Hope this gives you something else to consider, and best of luck with the rest of the planning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭dame

Or check out marquees.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 happybee

I'm looking for something similar in Dublin! Its a bit of a pain in the ar*e though because I'm getting married on a Tuesday,so most pubs/venues are not late-night mid-week! So just bear that in mind of you find a place.otherwise you may all be turfed out at 11pm.

Advertisement