Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amusing Kids At A Wedding

Options
  • 19-12-2007 10:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭

Hi there.

We are getting married abroad. Venice to be precise. Our problem is that the typical Italian meal lasts for a good few hours. ABout 3-4 hours. There will be about 10 kids ranging from 4-13 there. What we want is to have something that might amuse the kids during the meal. As you can imagine it would be a very long time for them to be patient. Has anyone any ideas???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭barbiegirl

Colouring books for the younger ones, or as most of them have PSP or those smaller consoles let them bring them along. It will keep them quiet until the music starts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭DJ_Spider

barbiegirl wrote: »
    or as most of them have PSP or those smaller consoles let them bring them along.

But remember to make sure they don't use them while on the aircraft, as all electronic equipment is prohibited. Sorry to be a killjoy. What about seeing if the venue can arrange a dvd player or tv for them to watch a cartoon/film etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭echosound

A seperate table set up with a few toys/colouring books etc would be a fine idea. Puzzles or board games so they can get interactive with each other. PSPs /DSs etc for the older kids will keep them quiet for a few hours.

If you plan on splashing the cash a bit more, perhaps enquire with the hotel if they could recommend and organise a children's entertainer, someone to do a bit of balloon modelling or facepainting (although with everyone in their best outfits that might be a bit risky!) and play a few games to keep them entertained.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,352 ✭✭✭✭Victor

I think try to find something that keeps them busy / running around so that they are a bit worn out by the time for the meal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Kincorababe

Make up party favour bags for each child. You can tailor each bag to suit each childs age and interests. The added expense is worth it as you can then relax and enjoy the meal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,735 ✭✭✭mikeanywhere

Why not have a room set aside for the youngster to use as their own. Get a tv in with a dvd or something so they can watch movies etc.

^ I already said that!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,735 ✭✭✭mikeanywhere

DJ_Spider wrote: »
    ^ I already said that!

Apologies, I didnt read all of it (if that wasnt obvious - but then great minds think alike lol) :o

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Indeed, getting a separate room and perhaps two "Nannies" to look after them is best. If the kids are under ten, perhaps some sleeping facilities so that the kids can be put to sleep and then collected when the parents have finished partying.

No kids at my wedding under any circumstances. It's not the place for children.

I'm booked for a wedding on 14th Feb, (tacky or what?!) they have both been married before and have kids, there is going to be loads of em! :eek: I have lots of kids songs, like the gummi bear song, muppets, etc, but they wont be hearing them!

I agree with Seamus, kids at weddings is not a good idea except for the flower girls, etc.

Bah Humbug!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭BC

3-4 hours is a bit optimistic i think.

In my experience of Italian weddings the meal usually lasts more like 7 hours!

Advertisement