Advertisement
We've partnered up with Nixers.com to offer a space where you can talk directly to Peter from Nixers.com and get an exclusive Boards.ie discount code for a free job listing. If you are recruiting or know anyone else who is please check out the forum here.
If you have a new account but can't post, please email Niamh on [email protected] for help to verify your email address. Thanks :)

Commissions for sales staff

• 03-12-2007 1:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,318 The Chessplayer

Anyone have any good ideas for making the calculation of sales-staff commission a less laborious task. At present we have about 150 sales orders a month per employee (7 sales people), and have to go through, line by line, commissions on each order which takes ages.

Just wondering if anyone has experience of changing how a process like this and how was it received?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭✭ acc grinds

Set a total target to be achieved in the month for each sales person and pay commission based on how they perform against target.

Each sales person has an OTE , example €1,000 in the month. There target is €50k , they achieve €45k which is 90% , they get paid 90% of OTE.

Depending on what accounts system your using you should be able to get the information out without having to go through each transaction line by line.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Smiler78

Hi There,

I can think of two solutions which might help you out. I used to run Sales Commission Sheets for a Multi National and picked up a few tricks which i'd hope will easily apply to your current situation.

1. A New System as mentioned by ACC grinds, if the system is good the process should be easy/painfree

2. New methods & shortcuts for calculation, if you don't have a flashy accounts system to help there are plenty of ways to automate tasks without.

I have also helped ammend and previous cumbersome systems and find flaws and exploitable loopholes etc so if you want to get in touch I'd be glad to help.

Richard

Advertisement