Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ad.doubleclick problem

Options
  • 03-12-2007 10:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭

I'm having severe problems on my home laptop with ad.doubleclick server response times.

Sites such as whatcar.com, boards.ie and others are almost unusable because it takes so long to load each page...I keep getting the "waiting on ad.doubleclick....message at the bottom of the browser. I use Firefox and have Adblock installed. It doesn't seem to matter if Adblock is turned on or off as I still have the same problem.

I have checked the Hosts file and the ad.doubleclick servers are listed in there. I tried removing the ad.doubleclick.uk server from the list as that's the one that causes me most problems but that didn't work either.

So can anyone recommend a way to fix this? Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭kaiser sauze

If you can do without the traces, delete all your cookies, and see if the problem remains.

If this still does not work, download and install noscript and mark doubleclick as untrusted.

Let me know how you get on.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Thanks kaiser, I'll try the noscript later but I know that clearing cookies and cache won't work as I clear all cookies (including flash cookies) and empty the cache after each online session ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,970 ✭✭✭ActorSeeksJob

Try run Firefox in safe mode and see if you still have the problem.

Also do this

Download WinPFind3u.exe to your Desktop and double-click on it to extract the files. It will create a folder named WinPFind3u on your desktop.
    • Close ALL OTHER PROGRAMS.
    • Open the WinPFind3u folder and double-click on WinPFind3U.exe to start the program.
    • Under Additional Scans, check Reg - BotCheck and Reg - MSConfig
    • Now click the Run Scan button on the toolbar.
    • Let it run unhindered until it finishes.
    • When the scan is complete Notepad will open with the report file loaded in it.
    • Click the Format menu and make sure that Wordwrap is not checked. If it is then click on it to uncheck it.
    Use the Add Reply button and attach the information back here. I will review it when it comes in. If, after posting, the last line is not < End of Report > then the log is too big to fit into a single post and you will need to split it into multiple posts.

Make sure you attach the report.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Sabre Man

Switch to Opera and choose which cookies you want.

Advertisement