Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Friendly hairdresser in Sligo

Options
  • 24-11-2007 4:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭

I've just moved to Sligo and today I had my first hair appointment here. I just picked a salon at random because nobody I knew could give me a recommendation to any place. (I know very few people here anyway, so that's part of the problem)

Anyway, the hairdresser was a bit standoffish (she would ask me a question and then walk away as I was answering) and frankly there's just something about the majority of hairdressers that the minute I sit in their chair they make me feel inadequate.

My cut is fine but my highlights are pretty far off what I wanted and asked for. I was disappointed but I didn't say so. I'm usually very assertive but not when it comes to my hair. I don't think I'll be going back there, so I need someplace else.

Any suggestions? Also, anybody have a quick, cheap, easy way to turn super-blonde into caramel? ...:(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭nicolaonfire

What hairdressers was it or can you name them on this?
    I'm not going back to my regular place anymore because they never do what I ask so I am on the look out for a new place too!
    As for wanting to turn your hair from super-white into carmel, Is it that you want to tone down the colour so that it isn't so blonde?
    Because about a year ago I died my hair like a white blonde and I wanted to get more of a golden blonde so I got a few things, they were all the bonacure range from Schwarzkopf. They are quite expensive though but i'm sure in the shampoo and haircare sections in Boots or somewhere will have products which will give you more of a golden look without a huge pricetag.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,835 ✭✭✭✭muffler

What hairdressers was it or can you name them on this?
    No names please.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,657 ✭✭✭magnumlady

As far as blokes go there is a great one. He moved from one salon and opened up with a lady, not sure what she's like but the prices looked very reasonable, cheaper then what I've been paying locally.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭fillefatale

They're quite friendly in Oasis hair on Water Lane.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 susanms

Hi, I find Emma in Salon 2 lovely and very good! Susan

• Advertisement
Advertisement