Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A crazy idea...

Options
  • 19-11-2007 9:54pm

Just something that someone mentioned in the Does Boards.ie have any power? thread.. would it be beyond the scope of boards.ie to:

1) Create a single for the purposes of getting to No. 1
    2) Launch said single
    3) Launch a campaign for boardsies to buy said single.
    4) Get single to No. 1 in the charts
    5) All money raised would go to charity.
    6) Rob underpants

...or am I cracking up here?

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,279 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

You wouldn't be thinking of recording this single at Boards Idol by any chance?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

I actually noticed it too, Myth, didn't think it was a crazy idea at all. And there's lots of musicians / singers / band people on boards, and probably a lot of production people as well ... don't they have their own forum with an unwieldy name? And we have PR people ...

Do a big get-together, do a tongue-in-cheek BandAid type venture?

Could be fun, get people together, and could easily be a good little money-raiser for SSF.

Mind you, I won't be singing, given that I've been told my voice is capable of putting pianos out of tune, but I'd be up for lending a hand in other ways ...

... NOT robbing underpants, tho' :(

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Oh I do like the idea of a song contest to decide which song is chosen... It's been a while since I knocked out a ballad... Too many Eurosong rejections back in the day eventually got to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 999 ✭✭✭Wisesmurf

I'd buy it.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

A while back, there was a boards beers at the Sugar Club, with a few main bands from Boards.ie

By main, I mean they were gigging already.

We get them all, do a "Big Boards.ie Christmas Song" and not only raise money through the song, but also raise awareness of the Santa Strike Force.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

I'd like to see this launched! More than enough talent on Boards to put a catchy jingle together (that we would all eventually hate!) and get it to #1...

Also, would answer the question posed in AH of does boards have any power.

🤪

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,715 ✭✭✭Nalced_irl

Well, you could definately get it into the charts and quite possibly top 10 with the pull of boards. Whether it could get to number one? Who knows, certainly not impossible. I think the general number is 300 odd sales to get into the top 30 anyway (or at least it used to be!)

Advertisement