Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Contact Details for Riding Schools / Livery Yards

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 finessegloss

Bearpup wrote: »
    Hey, Just wanted to follow up with more info on my previous post re: Grass & Full Livery in Lacken / Blessington (20 mins from Dublin)- Info taken from their flyer.....

We are offering full & grass livery in a beautiful area of the Wicklow Mountains overlooking Blessington Lake, just 20 minutes from Dublin.

Full Livery: €90 per week
    Grass Livery: €40 per week

Our facilities include:
    • Fully lit indoor & outdoor arena
    • Cross country course (55 jumps & other features)
    • Trekking in the Wicklow mountains
    • Lessons available for livery customers (qualified BHS instructor)
    • Schooling & exercising horses also available on request.
    • Enthusiastic & reliable staff will look after & facilitate individual needs of customers & their horses.
    can you please give me the telephone number for this livery yard - thanks a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭FueledByAisling

starpixie wrote: »
    Hi anyone know of grass livery in Rathfarnham area that offers either grass livery all year round or the option of grass livery and full livery for the winter months? I have the one horse but was thinking of getting a shetland for company for my horse and for my son to ride, anyone know of any livery again in Dublin 16 area or surrounds that give the option of both horse and pony sharing a large stable?

There's two livery yards up on Stocking lane! One is Rathfarnham (also known as Ballycullen) They have both indoors and outdoors I know they charge around €365 a month for full livery but you could give them a ring about grass. They also have a mare and foal stable but they may have converted that into something else now as I haven't been up on the yard for a number of years now

Then there's also Woodstown, they've only recently opened up as a livery yard and charge €100 per week for full livery, they do grass too but not sure on the price again. I've only seen photos of the yard but have been up on the grounds before as they used to hold an annual local show there in August and the grounds are massive and lovely!

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Tess Walsh

Clonshire Equestrian Centre, Adare, Limerick offers horse riding lessons to children and adults of all levels - full disabled facilities available. Open Monday to Saturday with evening lessons available also. Half hour junior rider lesson €17 hour junior rider lesson €22. Adults €27 per hour. Day camps available during all school holidays and every Saturday. Contact 061 396770 or go to www.clonshire.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 finch09

hi

im looking

for a small yard and land / stables

in manor killbirde

or blessington

dont mind if it needs work or fencing done

take a house wit land and and a barn

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 39 Lera Manukovskaya

li-evo7 wrote: »
    Top Livery yard in South Dublin!!
    Brooke Lodge Livery Yard
    Stepaside
    Dublin 18

Hi.Could you give me their contact :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,338 Mod ✭✭✭✭convert

Thank you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Jessica xxx

5* Livery Yard - Curragh
    We are situated ½ mile from TRI and just off motor way! Close to Naas, Newbridge, Kildare, Killcullen, Athgarvan, Kill etc
    Private competition yard ran by Grand Prix/World Cup Rider and Trainer with over 15yrs exp! Beautiful yard with top facilities at very affordable rates! Professional qualified,friendly staff with yrs of experience in the horse ind.
    Training available for liverys, jumping or dressage.
    A chance to better both you and your horse with our fantastic trainer.
    What we offer:
    * Full/Half & DIY Livery
    * Hunting Livery (We can prepare, turn out and plait your horse the morning before hunt)
    * We break, school and fix problematic horses
    * We prep horses for sales, customer viewings and shows.
    * Large out door newly surfaced all weather flood lit arena
    * Indoor horse walker
    * 2 Wash rooms
    * Large secure tack room

* Turnout paddocks

* Huge stables (Large mare and foal boxes also available)
    * Miles of fantastic hacking
    * Mile gallops just around the corner
    * Transport to SJI shows available
    * Large selection of horses and ponies for sale on site

* Clipping service
    * Stallions welcome
    We are15min to all major show grounds inc - Killdare Int, Kill and Coilog!
    Call for more info: 087-3127820

• Registered Users Posts: 1 kerber132001

A.Andrews Livery

Nestled in the countryside between Navan and Slane, near the picturesque village of Ardmulchan, A.Andrews Livery provides an idyllic setting for your horse. Our staff have years of experience in horse care, and are more than happy to help with any questions you may have.

We have a range of facilities available to our customers here at A.Andrews Livery which we believe will service all your needs. All of our facilities are available 7 days a week, at any time that would suit you. We can also tailor packages to suit you and your horses needs.

We have a friendly and relaxed yard, with a good atmosphere, where you can enjoy your horse and riding, whatever your experience level.

Livery Services include:
    • Expert Care for your Horse 7 Days a Week
    • Daily Care and Feeding from our Staff.
    • Access to Qualified and Experienced Staff for Support and Advice
    • Qualified Neuromuscular Therapist On-Site
    • Qualified Riding Instructor available
    • Farrier Available On-Site.
    • Picturesque Country Roads, Ideal for Hacking-Out on
    • Flexible Packages Available
    • 40 Acres of Grass for Grazing
    • Floodlit Outdoor Arena
    • 3 Furlong Sand Gallop
    • Lunge Pen
    • Horse Walker
    • Secure Yard
    • 20 Large Indoor Stables
    • Tack Room
    • Breaking of Horses
    • Pre-training of Horses
    • Extremely Competitive Rates for Full, Part and DIY Livery
    See www.aandrewslivery.com for more details

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 lark_1

5* Livery Kildare town
    **GENUINE ALL YEAR TURN-OUT**
    New Purpose Built Livery Yard 1.5 miles from M7 with innovative design features to benefit the horses health and welfare.
    * Securely fenced paddocks for groups or individual turn-out
    * Pasture paradise for weight management
    * 35x60 mtr floodlit arena with top class surface (Martin Collins fibre + sand).
    * 20x 40 mtr arena (in construction)
    * Full set of new showjumps
    * All weather turn-out area
    * Six horse 50 ft covered walker
    * Cross-country 2012
    * Fantastic hacking
    * American barn with rubber matting and drinkers
    *INDIVIDUAL turn-out pens from Stables
    * Secure tackroom
    * Services running from standard full livery to personalised packages.
    * Lessons and clinics available from top international trainers across all disciplines
    * Superb location to access major sj and eventing centres centres. Coilog & Kill within 20 mins

**Facilities now available for private hire**

Visit our page: http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/pages/Redhills-Stud/342922392393842

Prices from €100 per week

Call: 087-2362423 or 087-2029168
    Email: karl@redhills-stud.ie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭silverfox88

There's two livery yards up on Stocking lane! One is Rathfarnham (also known as Ballycullen) They have both indoors and outdoors I know they charge around €365 a month for full livery but you could give them a ring about grass. They also have a mare and foal stable but they may have converted that into something else now as I haven't been up on the yard for a number of years now

Then there's also Woodstown, they've only recently opened up as a livery yard and charge €100 per week for full livery, they do grass too but not sure on the price again. I've only seen photos of the yard but have been up on the grounds before as they used to hold an annual local show there in August and the grounds are massive and lovely!

Rathfarnham Equestrian dont do grass, we've access to loads of grazing but its only full livery. Also the Woodtown you're thinking of isnt the same place, its just across from there and there's no livery there at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭Kamili

Rathfarnham Equestrian dont do grass, we've access to loads of grazing but its only full livery. Also the Woodtown you're thinking of isnt the same place, its just across from there and there's no livery there at the moment.

Woodstown is the old DSPCA yard, across the road from Woodstown house, it's not where the shows were held. I think it's connected to Rathfarnham somehow not sure tho.

I had tried to contact woodstown but never got an answer. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭marley123

Am looking for reasonably priced Pony Livery in the Dublin South/Enniskerry areas if anyone knows !

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Theponylady

Eclipse Ireland Adventure and Equestrian Centre
    Blackwater Bridge
    Killarney (10 minutes from Kenmare)

Facility has 90 acres to ride on, beautiful stables, all weather arena.

Lessons available in dressage, working hunters, show jumping, natural horsemanship, vaulting (basically trick riding/gymnastics on horseback), and western riding.

Trekking

They do horsemanship courses besides regular lessons, where they have 2 hour classes once a week, and you learn about caring for, handling, and training horses, as well as have a riding lesson.

[url]Http://www.eclipseireland.com[/url] telephone 0646682965

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 TaraForBoston

Therese68 wrote: »
    Livery Yard Available In Quiet location in Laois Countryside. Reasonable rates. Hacking Facilities, 20 x 40 Arena.
    Also Traditional Black & White Stallion at Stud.
    Where abouts are you in laois and how much are the rates ?

anything in meath aroound kells . bachelors .seen it . quiet and friendly. thank you

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,163 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1m1tless

Hungry Horse Outside: Equine Rescue Center Co.Longford

www.HungryHorseOutside.com

• Registered Users Posts: 25 mazzie

Hi
    i'm living in Tallaght and want to start lessons again. had a really bad fall about a year and a half so am beginning from the start! any recommendations based on lessons and do they show you how to tack up etc as I want to purchase at some point!
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Alisonaf

Piperstown Equestrian Centre,
    Ballymakenny Road,
    Drogheda,
    Co.Louth

087 051 6746

https://www.facebook.com/PiperstownEquestrianCentre?ref=ts&fref=ts

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭silverfox88

Rathfarnham Livery Yard and Riding School
    Under new management.
    Offers Full Horse and Pony Livery, riding lessons and rideouts catering for all levels. Dedicated adult lessons also available. Facilities include newly surfaced indoor arena, small outdoor/lunging arena, large outdoor under construction. Cross country course. Miles of hacking nearby. Horses turned out daily on grass. Lessons and Livery reasonably priced, cheapest full livery with an indoor arena in Dublin. Friendly yard with great atmosphere.
    For details and queries on lessons/livery contact Jenny on 0876332963

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4 Cassies

Hampton Lodge Equestrian Centre
    Brittas
    Blessington Rd
    Co Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 11 usethewhip

Hope I can post this here....
    OPEN Day at Balcultry Stables, Swords.
    This Saturday 6th April 12pm-4pm
    We are a Riding School, Livery & Competition Yard!

Riding lessons cater for all levels and we take kids from 6+.
    Come along and we'll show you around. You can meet the ponies and horses that we use in our lessons.
    Call Catriona for more information...

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Rocket Girl

Hi all,

I have about 14 acres of land that is free for grass livery in Sallymount, Wicklow, between Arklow and Brittas Bay.

I'd be looking for €120 per month (€30 per week). I'd be happy to discuss a better rate for multiple horses. I'd also be happy to discuss, if someone wanted their horses on grass privately (without other horses mixed in).

Their are quite roads for hacking and Brittas Bay beach is a 15 minute hack down the road.

This wouldn't include checking on horses, the owner would have to check their horses themselves.

PM me if you would like more details or to discuss rates.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 21 gra456

Looking for good grass livery in wicklow area for one horse
    Need place to have sand arena etc .

• Registered Users Posts: 3 AdeleH

We are looking for grass livery in Dublin North (Ashtown/Fairyhouse?).

It would be for two mares (15 & 16 hands respectively).

We would prefer something within 30-40 minutes drive from Dublin North, as we will be up each day to feed and maintain them.

Thank you.

adele@angel-holdings.com

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Theponylady

Irish School of Horsemanship-livery and lessons
    Midleton, Cork

• Registered Users Posts: 6 shinymolly

Coopers Hill Livery based in galway city.
    Offer lessons, hunting, beach riding,cross country jumping and much more
    Ph: 0851460865
    email: coopershilllivery@gmail.com

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Pitchergirl

Hi,
    Does anyone have experience of any of the livery yards within driving distance of Lusk, Co Dublin? Looking for one with daily turn out, out door flood lighting if no indoor, suitable for thoroughbreed mare with a nervous owner!

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭marley123

Hi,

Check out Thornton Park & Kilronan Equestrian Centres - both within driving distance from Lusk.
    Hi,
    Does anyone have experience of any of the livery yards within driving distance of Lusk, Co Dublin? Looking for one with daily turn out, out door flood lighting if no indoor, suitable for thoroughbreed mare with a nervous owner!

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Sarah J Geoghegan

Adare Equestrian Centre is small riding school With friendly staff. We give individual lessons or group lessons no more than 2 in a lesson. This is an ideal if you want a training centre were all horses/ ponies are working at elementary dressage level as well as been able to show jump. Clients with their own horse are also welcome All lessons are well structured so the rider never gets the same lesson twice. We take novice - advanced.

<snip>

Advertisement