Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sign Language Courses

Options
  • 15-11-2007 3:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 283 ✭✭

Hi everyone, I'm looking for sign language courses, preferably in dublin city or south county. Does anyone know of any courses, or where I might get more information?

Thanking you in advance!

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,143 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Lots of community colleges and VEC schools offer sign language as a night class.

I would imagine these people would be able to advise you:
    Sign Language Association of Ireland
    40 Lower Drumcondra Road
    Dublin 9

Tel 018300522
    Fax 018300364
    Email slai@eircom.net

• Closed Accounts Posts: 561 ✭✭✭paperclip

Hello!
    I'm the chair of the TCD Sign Language Society this year. We run sign language classes every year both for students of TCD and the general public. Unfortunately, it's too late to join up this year, but you could come along for next year's classes. We run a series of 15 beginners' classes at a cost of 50 euro. You sign up at the stand in the front square during the TCD Freshers' Week.
    We'll be having an event during the week of Feb 15th in which there will be a discussion relating to sign language-- you could come along and meet people there.
    For more information, email sign(at)csc.tcd.ie .
    Hope this was of help to you!

Advertisement