Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Laser Eye Surgery - Opinions

1121314151618»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15 babymamma

I have dry eyes, every day put drops in eyes and each night I put a special gel into my eyes.
    Now I want to get something done definitely not Laser........wondering has anyone got Lipiflow done on their eyes.
    I would like to hear from someone who got this done .

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Maryannewyles

I had a terrible experience with optical express in cork! I was lied to continually by them to try and get me to pay for more eye exams which they said were free for life!! After my surgery I have suffered severe dry eyes and blurry hazy vision! They just washed there hands of me! Getting laser was the biggest mistake of my life!! And if your going to take the eisk!! Go somewhere with lifetime aftercare! For real😡

• Registered Users Posts: 15,820 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Dry eyes is a possible after effect of Laser treatment.
    Everyone who gets laser will experience dry eye for a period.
    I had it for a while and still do from time to time. Thats what the drops are for.
    They should test you though beforehand to get an idea if you are likely to suffer with dry eye on a long term basis. Get second opion IMO or even a third opinion. If you are going to suffer long term, personally I wouldn't like it, but then is it really any different to sticking contacts in every day or searching out your glasses.
    Sometimes I wonder if I did the right thing, but I think I'm 5 years on now and really it has been 5 years that I dreamed of. I was quite bad -5.5. I wouldn't change it, but go to the best places if you are getting it done and I personally would stay well clear of high street places.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭Mousewar

To be honest I think everyone's eyes will become drier after laser surgery.
    Now if your eyes are like 100% perfectly moist then you won;t really notice as you'll only be down to, let's say 80% (at a guess). But if you're already suffering from dry eyes and are about 60%, you're going down to 40% and you'll find it very uncomfortable.
    I have dry eyes after surgery. I manage it but there's no sign of it improving by itself ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,529 ✭✭✭gaiscioch

Very informative thread but for 2021, has anybody got their eyes done with Laservision, Optilase or Optical Express lately? Or anywhere else you'd recommend? I'm suitable for Lasik apparently.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Pablo_Flox

I had it done recently with Laservision. Overall it was a positive experience. Perhaps it was just me, but I found the duration of the recovery to be understated. I was told that most people could drive to their follow up appointment the next day, but that was certainly not the case for me. It was a week before I felt comfortable to start driving again. For the 2-3 weeks post surgery every now an then I would experience short periods of out of focus vision which I was not really expecting, but I was told was fairly typical when I asked about it.

I am now 6-7 weeks post op and apart from dry eyes I am happy with how things went.

Advertisement