Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2007 donations already arriving...

Options
  • 14-11-2007 1:16pm
    Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Just to let people know, there have already been a bunch of donations and yer cash is now sitting in the paypal account awaiting removal in time for the shopping spree!
    All systems 100% green lighted!

Thank you for your generosity.

DeV.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Santa Claus

DeV,
    A mate of mine works for a charity in the US and paypal waive their commision on money received by the charity through paypal.
    Just a thought as I know they take between 3%-5% out of my ebay sales so maybe if there's a boardsie who works for paypal they could find out about this as I'm sure every little helps !!

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I'll look into this!

DeV.

DeVore wrote: »
    I'll look into this!

DeV.

Hey, if it means more money for the kiddies then it can only be a good thing. I know in the US you need to be a registered charity so might be the same here and you'd need a CHY number but worth checking anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

A mate got them to wave fees for personal fundraising for a disaster charity a couple of years ago. Talk nice to them.

• Advertisement

From a bit of digging on their site, here's what you need to do

Of course, if there was a paypal/eBay employee on boards who could fill them in on what SSF is then we'd be half way there. Perhaps they'd even like to make a nice big corporate donation ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭MattKid

If you know anywhere in the Galway area that could use a 25" Tv in good working order, as I'm buying a new tv this weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,721 ✭✭✭oleras

DeV, Im trying to contribute but keep getting
    This payment cannot be funded with a credit card at this time.
    Any ideas ? And no, the wife has not maxed it out behind my back.....;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,721 ✭✭✭oleras

oleras wrote: »
    DeV, Im trying to contribute but keep getting Any ideas ? And no, the wife has not maxed it out behind my back.....;)

Sorted, tried it again this morning and worked fine.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Weird, dunno what that was. Something to do with your card I expect, as others are getting through.

I'll action that charity waiver this week. thanks for doing the leg work!

DeV.

• Advertisement

Just curious, how's it going this year?

heheh, I just wrote an update early this morning about it. Its going great, we've topped 3k from online donations which is very good and we still have the poker tournie (on thursday) and the boards beers tonight still to produce donations.

Being a charity in Ireland is bloody hard I've discovered. Its almost impossible to be philanthropic in this country, the bureaucracy simply has a fit and explodes. For various reasons I have to become registered for vat, for example.
    Vat, which we don't (and shouldn't) charge. We don't employ anyone, which makes PRSI/PAYE very suspicious, lol...
    Try filling in online forms which say "number of employees" : 0
    and see how far you get :)

DeV.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

will donations be acepted tonight?

Advertisement