Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General stuff!

Options
  • 08-11-2007 11:09am
    Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭

:p

I believe there's stuff in the pipeline and PapaSmut's got his Knowing Me, Knowing YouTube event running which I think will be rather good fun.

Comments

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

As usual i'll do what ever needs to be Done....

• Registered Users Posts: 55,452 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I just had a look at the SSF website, and there is a HUGE list of nasty links at the end of the most recent entry. (Considering the website traffic is going to spike over the next few months, it might be worth dealing with now)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭tSubh Dearg

I'm happy to pitch in again this year, but unfortunately not to the extent I did last year as I now have a **** full time job. However, I could probably pull the kids and charity card and nab a couple of half days for shopping and delivery.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I am sick as a dog but trying to get my head around the replacement variable system in vB. I doubt I have it sorted but I'll see...

[ssf]test[/ssf]

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Shout in my general direction if there is anything I can do to help out this year. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Jules

I have a car and spare time if needed for anything this year! And i'm sure Anti would be willing to help out too.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

right, everything technical is setup, should be good to go.

I'll post an announcement now...

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,013 ✭✭✭kincsem

Any poker tourney planned?

Ready to help as Always...

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Newbie here but great idea and be more than willing to help out in the Clare/Limerick area and more if needed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ginger

Will help out if I can.. be back in Ireland on the 20th might not be much to do then

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

I can help lift stuff, cos I is big, and available most weekends. Also around during some of the weekdays.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

I can help around Cork again this year, have transport and storage if needs be.

DeV,I'd be more than happy to help out with the van this year delivering/collecting and stuff with a day or two's notice.
    Ye just need to let me know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

I can help with delivery with a little notice. Have an Octavia which has the biggest boot in the world - fit a washing machine and an under counter freezer in it side by side (with the rear seats down) to give an idea of the space.

On another note - my kids have grown out of some toys and tbh they're taking up space. I presume there'll be somewhere I could donate the ones in good condition? (when I say grown out of some - they're 4 now so I'm talking about toys for 2 year olds.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

Available to do Sleigh-Driver again if needed....................... ho ho ho !

Ritz.

Macros42 wrote: »
    On another note - my kids have grown out of some toys and tbh they're taking up space. I presume there'll be somewhere I could donate the ones in good condition? (when I say grown out of some - they're 4 now so I'm talking about toys for 2 year olds.
    If it's the same rules as last time, no. Put it this way: your kids wouldn't want second hand stuff, would they? Also, as some of the stuff would be going to hospitals, all stuff has to be new (germ free type new).

No offence meant. Maybe try the Vincent De Paul charity, though. They will usually accept stuff which is in good condition.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

I have plenty of spare time, no car though.

Happy to help.

Macros42, a lot of the stuff we have to buy is selected by the charities for very good reasons. Cuddly toys for example, are a big no-no because they are 5-star hotels for germs. We almost sented a big box of soldiers to an orphanage in Romania one year before someone pointed out that maybe they wouldnt really want to see more soldiers. You'd be amazed what we can and cannot take.

In the end, the second hand stuff is a huge headache logistically and its muich better dealt with by the people who have the stuff. I can guaruntee you this though, if the toys are in reasonable nick, your local SVdP will be delighted to take them off your hands.
    But thank you for the offer!

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭floydmoon1

im available in the killarney,kerry area if anything needs to be delivered.I work for myself so have plenty time to do stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

No probs DeV. Only the ones that are trashed and non-recyclable will end up in landfill anyway. The local SVP shop has been a beneficiary of our childrens' discards before and will be again later this month. Just thought I'd offer here first :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

intended to get involved last year but couldnt :( . anyways i'm well up for volunteering for whatever needs to be done. i'm in central dublin too with a nice big car and can drive a van if needs be

I is big, I is Strong, I is able to elf.

(i'm not going to wear tights)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

Available to help if required and can organise a car as well.

I'm writing here to say that I'm off from the 17th to the 21st December, if ye need a helping hand then (had unused holidays).

Advertisement