Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Learning language on the train?

Options
  • 06-11-2007 3:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭

Was wondering has anyone ever tried learning the language on the train/bus on the way to work, from the audio books? Thinking of doing so, but also thinking I'd die of embarrassment! :(

Btw, I'm talking about the ones where the tape says something, and then I repeat it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭trevorku

I'd say it in my head, wouldnt do it on the bus or train. Pimsleur is quite good.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,905 ✭✭✭Aard

I've done this recently with the Michel Thomas French courses - on buses, LUASes, planes, even walking down the street. I just repeated the words and phrases in my head, unless there was suffient background noise, in which case I'd mumble the words. No embarrassment to be had!

Advertisement