Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Worst/Best Radio Ads

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭stipey

"It's nearly 10:30 - time to check out Black and Decker's new range of hedge trimmers"

No... No, its not. Nobody has ever though "oh yeah I know what I mean to do today - buy a new hedge trimmer. Damn - its gone lunch time, 10:30 was the time to do that".

Fair enough if they play it al 11am and its for tea or coffee or some "elevenses" related snack but the things they advertise using this method.. sheeesh!

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭mickd

I find those womens aid ads for domestic violence disturbing. Firstly they use child actors to renact an episode of abuse which is extemely manipulative at best. Then the implication is made that only women suffer domestic abuse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Not a particular ad but what is it with the American voices? They're all over the place right now and mainly advertsing non-American products/services.

Mike

• Registered Users Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

The current Lemsip ads really get to me - it's a girl thinking out loud, and between each thought, she takes a big slurp out of her lemsip. It's really really gross. Urgh, just thinking about it now gives me the shivers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Ladystar Car Insurance

"they know what women want"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,746 ✭✭✭el diablo

mjquinno wrote:
    for some reason that supermacs ad about the hungry vikings coming tto ireland it drives me nuts i have to change the radio station its that bad.
    yeah, that's seriously embarrassing but I think they don't play it anymore. that accent makes me cringe.

and let's not forget Daft Dave and the Right Price Tiles ad. :mad:

and the G.E. Money ads with the country fella singing. "G.E. Money, you're me darlin'" :rolleyes:

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Condompower,57 Dame Street Dublin 4....lol....gotta love that ad..its played so much on 104 i know the address off by heart...good advertising???????:D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

We have a new low - the 'Crazy Frog' Apache Pizza ad on Newstalk.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Fozzie Bear

O no, please God, Jesus NO!!!!!!! It's back. It's fu*king back, that fu*king Barry's tea advert about that cnut and his train set is back. Why God WHY?????? I now officially hate xmas and want it banned forever if means that advert will never again be played on any radio station. I swear i will commit a very bloody slaughter of my unsuspecting work colleagues with a rusty tea spoon if i hear it again. It is the must sickening, twee ****e advert that any advertising exec has ever managed to pull from their septic, puss filled dripping arse. I would like five minutes in a room with him/her, a train set and a christmas tree. At the end of 5 minutes the train set, tree and my right shoe would have disappeared and him/her would be walking funny and need to visit the bathroom urgently with a bottle of super horse strength laxatives....:mad:

O no, please God, Jesus NO!!!!!!! It's back. It's fu*king back, that fu*king Barry's tea advert about that cnut and his train set is back. Why God WHY?????? I now officially hate xmas and want it banned forever if means that advert will never again be played on any radio station. I swear i will commit a very bloody slaughter of my unsuspecting work colleagues with a rusty tea spoon if i hear it again. It is the must sickening, twee ****e advert that any advertising exec has ever managed to pull from their septic, puss filled dripping arse. I would like five minutes in a room with him/her, a train set and a christmas tree. At the end of 5 minutes the train set, tree and my right shoe would have disappeared and him/her would be walking funny and need to visit the bathroom urgently with a bottle of super horse strength laxatives....:mad:
    whoa, calm down, it's just an ad.... :D

actually I've never seen that ad, I must look out for it...:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭MarinoMark

el diablo wrote:

actually I've never seen that ad, I must look out for it...:rolleyes:

Em its on radio ! !
    That crazy frog pizza ad must be the dregs of all annoying ads, I actually switch stations when I hear it, So So Bad :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭J.R.HARTLEY

mickd wrote:
    I find those womens aid ads for domestic violence disturbing. Firstly they use child actors to renact an episode of abuse which is extemely manipulative at best. Then the implication is made that only women suffer domestic abuse.
    like it or not it happens and children are suffereing so if you think having towatch it is manipulative, try imaging what some kids and wives (and husbands) actually live through, i'd imagine the lack of advertising for violence against men is because those agencies have much lower profile find it hard to get money etc.

anyway,
    how do the advertisment agencies make any money in ireland, surely the marketing depts that employ their services realise it''s the same old **** they are peddling.

I like the Barrys tea ad! Its pure Christmas, like the Guiness ad on the box right now.

Anyone mentioned that awful Easons ad with Uncle gaybo? Bleugh.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭grumpytrousers

mike65 wrote:
    I like the Barrys tea ad! Its pure Christmas, like the Guiness ad on the box right now.
    Mike.

Aye - i'm with you on the barrys ad...maybe it's an age thing...

Yep we're both old enough to remember when a train set was "teh winnar!" (mine was an N-gauge set).

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭Killaqueen!!!

Condompower - the complete adult shop. I love that ad!

worst ones are Eircom Phonewatch -

Daft Dave and Right Price Tiles:mad:

G.E. Money

Supermacs (the one with the country fella talking about the Vikings coming to Ireland)

ah, there's a few more but I cannot remember them.

and I still haven't heard the Barry's Tea ad....:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

I'm sorry but Daft Dave = legend

Don't think I know the barries tea ad either.

Current pet hate? That Fitzsimon's niteclub/bar ad with the woman pretending she's a lift...
    Oh and that f*cking Dundrum town centre ad with little miss bitch oohing and ahhing over designer dross and similar materialistic stuff. It's a shopping centre love, end of...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭seand333

definetely agree about the barrys tea advert, heard it today, probably the most twee, puke-inducing advert in history. goes on for ages too.

daft dave and harvey norman ads definetely the most memorable irish radio adverts of the last 5 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

What about the old classic "Northside.....Northside.....its a great value shopping centre.." Me bollix. Its a skip :o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

That whanker with the American accent who does "The Raad Stoooart Show -two extra days July 14"

Yeeeecchhh

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

seand333 wrote:
    daft dave and harvey norman ads definetely the most memorable irish radio adverts of the last 5 years.

The Harvey Norman one is certainly memorable - I'll give you that, but - for the most part anyway - it isn't exactly Irish, as it's recorded in Australia and emailed over here... except, that is, for the times when they weren't completely happy with what was emailed over and got the voice-overs re-done by Irish people.

I did one...

drove me mad hearing myself 10 times (or more) a day on Today FM, and it only being as a promo voice-over artist and not a presenter... ah well... !

• Registered Users Posts: 17 easy_beez

"Tonight i'm getting telly and it's nine euro nighty nine"

Followed by..

"Not at all, sure i live in me shoe"

Cracks me up everytime

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

easy_beez wrote:
    "Tonight i'm getting telly and it's nine euro nighty nine"

Followed by..

"Not at all, sure i live in me shoe"

Cracks me up everytime

Car, shurely?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭Benedict XVI

Barry Tea add is the greatest of all time, debate over.

Daft Dave - Fist one was class, since then they have gone down hill

Harvey Noram - Pure and utter S**te

'You'll never guess what Santa brought"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,286 ✭✭✭SprostonGreen

The "brodbaind" delivered tomorrow, by the annoying American is currently irking me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

I'd say the "Your shoulders - strong enough to carry the weight of the world" Bupa ad guy is ****ting himself! It's going to be a lean christmas in that house :)

//POPS CHAMPAGNE CORK

• Registered Users Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭grumpytrousers

el diablo wrote:
    worst ones are Eircom Phonewatch -

Oh aye - any of those ads that mention 'Buhrglers'....

come the revolution, etc etc etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

The hibernian ad to the tune of jingle bells about plasma screen TVs all wrapped up in a bow....now I love jingle bells, but both this ad and the one for lyons tea I mentioned above, bastardise a great carol to try and sell me mundane products that have little or nothing to do with christmas....why?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

O no, please God, Jesus NO!!!!!!! It's back. It's fu*king back, that fu*king Barry's tea advert about that cnut and his train set is back. Why God WHY??????
    Dude,

Calm down. You really have to be officially 'old' to get that ad, maybe 40+ and in a tea-drinking demiographic.

It works for me, but only in a semi-ironic way as I'm in my mid-30's without any kids.

But just think, in 25 years time, when you're shacked up and the missus has dropped a few of your offspring, you'll be stressed out, trying to pay the mortgage and you'll drop into the Smyths toy-store, looking to buy the latest nano-holographic game console that your kids are constantly bleating about Santa bringing them.

Just after you catch site of your aging and balding frame in one of the many mirrors, you'll see, sitting completely neglected in one of the corners of the toy store, a first generation wii, and you'll buy it.

Then you'll remember this post from your friend Dublinwriter. You may cry, you may laugh, but just remember that Santa brought them the Holographic Playstation 8, but the wii is from you.

Merry Christmas.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement