Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Short Notice Wedding Dress

Options
  • 10-10-2007 2:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭

Hi there,

My sister is getting married in March 08. They have just booked the hotel as there was a cancellation. She has no dress yet and they have just started organising everything.

The thing is, she is in a total panic about getting her dress. All the shops she is ringing are telling her there is a six month wait for orders.

Does anyone know of any dress shops in Leinster who can deliver dresses in 4/6 months? Or perhaps large bridal shops that may have them in stock?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭dame

She could find a really good dress-maker and bring her a picture of what she'd like made. The dress-maker will tell her if she can do it or what little changes she could make to it, etc. For example, not have 6,000 hand-sewn swarovski crystals on it) or just choosing a material that would be easier to sew and would drape better, that kind of thing. Pick up a couple of different magazines and have a look, maybe choose a few favourites and see which would be the most feasible to get made. It will cost less than buying a dress from a bridal shop too. I know an excellent dress-maker in Galway but I'm afraid I can't help with one in Leinster.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭D-!

i'm pretty sure mcenhennys(sp????) in athboy in meath, do dresses that you can buy there and then give them a ring anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

Most of them are 6 months but some will allow to buy off the shelf if she really begs. I have at the moment a gold dress and 4 bridesmaids dresses and flowergirl dresses if she is desperate she can have a look, I changed my colour scheme and went and bought a dress off the shelf!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,458 Mod ✭✭✭✭CathyMoran

We arranged our wedding from start to finish in 3 months - we ended up getting an ordinary dress in BT's (Ghost) that looked just as well and was about 5 times cheaper than a regular wedding dress (we were trying to get married in a hurry because I was ill, price was not an issue).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

I think Bridal Corner in Glasnevin have a sale on now?? Oxfam on South Great Georges Street do second hand wedding dresses that could be altered?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭Clairecluck

Hi Guys,

Thanks for all your suggestions, we actually got a dress (and bridesmaid dress) in the Bridal Outlet in Baldoyle. The dress is gorgeous but we do have another problem now! Can you check out my new thread and see if you can help?

Thanks a million :D

Advertisement