Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pre-marriage courses

Options
  • 28-09-2007 11:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,292 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Does anyone have any recommendations for pre-marriage courses?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Jonnykitedude

or does anybody know how to get out of them:D

• Registered Users Posts: 21,244 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

ariana` wrote:
    Hi,

Does anyone have any recommendations for pre-marriage courses?

where are you based?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,292 ✭✭✭ariana`

Ooops i s'pose that would help!! I'm in Galway but i would do one in Dublin if i thought it was good.
    or does anybody know how to get out of them

Strangely i don't want to get out of it, I don't know if i'd do one if they weren't mandatory but if we're going to do one we might as well do a good one and take it seriously.

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Scoobydoobydoo

We did ours in MRCS (marriage and relationship counselling services) in Dublin.
    It was one evening with a counsellor on our own. We didn't want to do the big group thing, over a weekend. It was very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,244 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

We did ours in MRCS (marriage and relationship counselling services) in Dublin.
    It was one evening with a counsellor on our own. We didn't want to do the big group thing, over a weekend. It was very good.

We did a group one, and it wasn't as bad as I was expecting. There was no Q&A, no role-playing or any of that stuff - just some questionnaires on each topic that you and your partner fill out and compare. It was also a little more useful than I was expecting; some parts were quite practical and not the Catholic guilt trip session I thought it might be! It was on a Friday evening and all day Saturday. Not sure if I ever need to see another photo of a certain type of mucous right after lunch though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,735 ✭✭✭mikeanywhere

We did ours up in Mayo as thats where finally got hitched (& there was a cancellation). It was a few hours on a one-on-one or a couple to the lady running it so it was very very nice and relaxing.

I will find out the details when the missus comes back from the pool (we are on holiday at the mo)

Advertisement