Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So what's the story with these job losses on the hospital?

Options
  • 24-09-2007 1:30am
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,055 Mod ✭✭✭✭

From what I've heard these people were just at the end of their contract and those contracts were not renewed.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭paulie.walnuts

Thought that would have got out if it were the case (which it could well be).
    Would mean the employees would not be entitled to redundancy as it's a contract and not a permanent position. At the end of the day it's a reduction in the number of staff once the details are set aside.

The health service does however need to start showing increases in productivity in return for the generous benefits they enjoy, the time for continual bailouts from the publics pocket is coming to an end as tax income begins and will continue to tighten over the next couple of years.

On a human level i hope management is able to regig things so that patient care is not or is at least minimally affected by these changes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭il gatto

I'm amazed the HSE have the neck to cut frontline staff instead of reducing the amount of pen pushers who work in the health service admin. Surely that's te first place to cut staff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭paulie.walnuts

I'm amazed the HSE have the neck to cut frontline staff instead of reducing the amount of pen pushers who work in the health service admin. Surely that's te first place to cut staff.

Agreed.
    If it were a private company it would have gone out of business a long time ago.

Advertisement