Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Background check before marriage...

Options
  • 21-09-2007 10:10am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

I met this guy about a year ago in an online dating site and now we are planning to get married. Do you think it is necessary to have a background check on him as recommended by this Background Check aricle that I've read? Will this give you an assurance that you will be safe with the person?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

are you for real?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Sounds spam-ish not going to click that link only 1 post !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

Dont marry anyone you feel the need to background check ffs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

The OP has a good point.

I know someone who was planning on getting married but after a background check they found out that their fiancée had once shilled background-check companies.

Can you imagine the shame and disgust they felt? We all said it was a lucky escape and at least they'd never gone through with the wedding, but in the end they committed harikiri as the only honourable route they could see open to them.

Advertisement