Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bride and groom thrones

Options
  • 14-09-2007 12:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭

Has anyone got any idea where to get thrones for the bride and groom for hire?
    The hotel is supplying slightly different styled chairs to the rest on the main table but would be interested in thrones,if we can get them.

Has anyone ever hired out thrones for their special day?
    If so can you help us out.No luck in finding them on the web at least not in this country.
    Any help welcomed:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

thrones? posh and becks style?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,108 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

If all else fails I suppose you could trawl the antique stores for big ornate chairs and see if they'll hire them out for the day.

(are you sure you want this??? Think it over)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Not my cup of tea, would you not be further away from your partner if you get big chairs. I wouldn't want to alienate the people at the top table by having them on smaller chairs looking up at us.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

Nah nothing to flash,just different from bog standard chairs their supplying but with more style.Not life or death but we want to try find out first.

Clontarf castle have these thrones so they call them

http://www.clontarfcastle.ie/gallery/hotel_gallery.434.gallery.LE.asp#

not a great pic but it is what we saw that interested us and look nice.Call them thrones,chairs with high backs etc but we want to feel like royality if it be only one day in our lifetimes.:rolleyes: :D

Is there somewhere that supplies this sort of thing or anything similar.I cant find anything myself,but if someone has even the slightest idea or heard of anything similar,be great.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

They're nice.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

Mate you will spend bugger all time in the chairs. Believe me. If this even costs 10 yo yo its not worth the money.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

JoeyJJ wrote:
    Not my cup of tea, would you not be further away from your partner if you get big chairs. I wouldn't want to alienate the people at the top table by having them on smaller chairs looking up at us.
    From what we saw the seats are no wider than others,the style is different for bride and groom.Be no alienation as we wont be on platforms so no one be looking up at us.:D Just something that has interested us in what we saw,again not life and death if we dont find them.

Advertisement