Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any pubs showing live NFL games?

Options
  • 06-09-2007 5:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭

Hi,

I am looking for pubs in Sligo that broadcast NFL games. I guess the only real way to get anything is by SKY Sport which most pubs have.
    However it seems like Sky Sports only shows selected games, but me being NYJ & NYG fan I am only interested in those 2 teams except during the superbowl of course.

Are there any pubs that get all the games somehow? I know I can always get it streamed through the internet but its way cooler to watch it in a pub.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

i've never heard of any pubs showing them, i could be wrong, but i doubt it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭il gatto

To be honest, there's so little interest, I doubt it. And what with the time difference, they might be shut anyway. Rugby World Cup starts later today. Might help with your need to see guys take a beating while chasing an oval shaped ball. It works for me:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭rh555

Ok, looks like it is. Most games are on sundays 1pm and 4pm Eastern standard time with few exceptions. So thats 6pm and 9pm Irish time. Don't think there are that many other major sports events sundays at least not after 9pm.
    Not sure how long the Rugby Worldcup is going on for but i doubt its much more than a month.

Well , I guess whenever Giants and Jets are playing I'll just try a pub and see if they can turn on one TV to Sky Sport if ppl don't mind and nothing else exciting is on.

I know the Belfry has a couple Tv's but I am not sure if they have a receiver for each or if they just show the same programming on all their TV's.

Thanks

P.S. I guess I'll check out a couple of the Rugby games. I havn't watched a single game yet but maybe I like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭il gatto

There's an awful lot of rules, but it doesn't take long to pick up the main ones. Alot of similarities between the games. 250lb guys hitting each other head on at full speed (no pads to speak of in rugby though). Must obvious difference is that the ball cannot be thrown foward, only kicked. Means you actually have to carry the ball foward making scoring a try (touchdown) alot of work as you can't bypass the defence.
    I'm sure if the matches are on that late on a Sunday, somewhere like the Belfry wouldn't mind switching over as all the soccer and rugby would be finished.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Mc Laughlins on high street has sky digital. They let the punters have the remote and decide what's on. On a side note, I'd say most pubs would put it on if you asked as long as some other event wasn't on.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭rh555

Just wanted to say thanks for all the replies. I just mentioned the Belfry because I know they have a few TV's and I know they have Sky Sports as do many other pubs I assume. I just don't know if they have one receiver for each TV or just one receiver for all the Tv's meaning you can only watch one programming throughout the pub.

I will also check out the Rugby game tomorrow. Btw NFL rules are bit confusing too but after a while u get the hang of it.

Advertisement