Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wedding Cars

Options
  • 05-09-2007 11:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭

Whats the best modern wedding car?

Leaving out the Bently Conintental, Rolls Royce Phantom and Maybach.

Whats the best modern wedding car? (excluding crazy price stuff) 18 votes

Mercedes S Class
    0% 0 votes
    Audi A8
    33% 6 votes
    BMW 7 Series
    27% 5 votes
    Jaguar XJ
    11% 2 votes
    Chrysler 300c
    0% 0 votes
    Maserati Quattroporte
    5% 1 vote
    Lexus LS
    16% 3 votes
    Range Rover Sport?
    0% 0 votes
    Bentley Azure
    5% 1 vote

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭LilMrsDahamsta

Whatever fits the dress best; no, really!

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭nialler

I'll have to be biased on this one and say S class, both mine and the brother in laws are both licensed as chauffeur vehicles, his silver mine almandine black (burgundy) so if you get no joy give me a PM.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,678 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

Drove myself to my wedding in an A8 - not as common as a Merc, not as Flash as a Roller just nicely understated.

Went from Church to reception in a Classic Bentley. Fantastic weather, full lenght canvas roof rolled back and Champagne - don't get much better than that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭Jakey

We used our VX220 it was tight enough with the dress, Had it rained we would've been had a lot more trouble getting in and out of the car with the roof on.
    I have a video clip somewhere of my wife getting into the car and her dress filling most of the car covering the steering wheel from the passenger side.

4837511a4927898492luk3.jpg

4837511a4927898560lxs3.jpg

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

The Merc for me with the Bently a very close second. The colour could swing it either way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65,050 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Congratulations :)

From that list I would only consider the Azure. Better still any older model Bentley or RR. Closed top better than open - you never know with the weather and a covered open top car looks bad, even a Bentley!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Terrontress

Every builder in Ireland drives an S-Class. For experience of owning, the S-Class is unrivalled as well as for executive transport but for a wedding car it is a bit too common.

Chrysler 300c is a ten year old E-Class with a new skin. And not a particularly attractive one at that.

From the list above, for my money, I'd go with the Bentley for a run of the mill and the Quattroporte for something a bit different. No stretched or modified jobs of any of the above though.

I am getting married soon and we are having a 1974 Citroen DS. Probably wouldn't have thrilled me so much when they were still in production but I reckon they have a touch of class 30 years later. I was thinking of trying to find a C6 to have for the bridesmaids to travel in. Something old, something new!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 951 ✭✭✭tomcollins97

When is the Wedding Robertr?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,264 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

I voted with the A8, as it's a good, understated but classy vehicle. Something like a classic American convertible could be cool.

Bently and Maserati are both good options if they fit your 'style'. (Yourself and the wife)

Then again, these guys do weddings.

30.jpg

NTM

Advertisement