Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Translate Polish characters

Options
  • 30-08-2007 11:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 21,244 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

Hoping someone can help me here. I am working on our company's website, and there are some polish characters being entered by customers on one of our forms that is causing problems. Unfortunately, the only way around it is to strip them altogether and replace them with their nearest latin phonetic or logical equivalent(s).

Can anyone help out with what we can swap these with? I've attached an image as well, as the characters will probably look different on various browsers.

thanks in advance,

Eoin

ą ć ę ł ń ó ś ż ź

Ą Ć Ę Ł Ń Ó Ż Ź

image:
    characters.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

Standard convention would be to use the letters they most look like: a c e l n o z z

Pronounciation wise, I'd go with: o ch e w n o sh z zh

• Registered Users Posts: 21,244 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

obl wrote:
    Standard convention would be to use the letters they most look like: a c e l n o z z

Pronounciation wise, I'd go with: o ch e w n o sh z zh

Thanks very much for that obl - pronunciation aside, there's no problem with converting the characters (i.e. it wouldn't "change" the word being entered too much)?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭barneysplash

Don't forget to check the Ireland / Poland Business Association if you're doing business in Poland.

http://www.irelandpoland.com/

40 million people. That's a nice market to get a piece of...

Advertisement