Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Wedding Bands

• 21-08-2007 1:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1 atune1

Hi guys,

Have finally taken the plunge and am getting hitched next summer (2008).

My only responsiblity is to show up and book the band.

The first part seems easy (at the moment), but the second part has left me scratching my head.

Is there any body out there who can recommend a good wedding band in the Waterford area.

Cheers for any advice.

Comments

I've heard the Glitterbugs are really good - and I think they are in that area.. no contact details for them though,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Alesi27

If you pm me I can give you the details of a wedding band based in New Ross.......they are a little bit different..... play anything from Del Shannon to Lynyrd Skynyrd and Train to Van Morrison.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭Happy121

I picked The Classic Beatles, they were the most amazing band I have ever seen at a wedding. Everyone was up dancing, I mean everyone, from 5 year olds to 95 year olds.

The band wore proper Beatles gear and looked fantastic. Some of my Uncles had seen The Beatles in the 60's and they kept saying that these guys were better live than the real thing.

I found them on www.classicbeatles.com , they perform anywhere in the country.

You only have one job, make sure you get it right or it will be remembered forever!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

Avalon. They played my aunts wedding, are incredible.
    Check out a guy called Hugh Green, HG Entertainments, he has bands working for him too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 magella1

Has anyone heard the band Final Touch, thinking of booking them for wedding next year looking for reviews?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 countryGirl

hi everyone,

Getting married next year 2008 and wondering has anyone ever heard of galway band the elastic band. Thinking of booking them and need some reviews. Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 zpage

Based in Dublin/Meath www.theitalianjob.ie - check it out 086 8309005.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 king 62

Heard a band called zodiac (very good) all types of music
    another is a band called jack to jack again all types of music

not sure how you would go about booking them but the person
    who organizes the bands in you local boozer may be able to help.

Good luck with your BIG DAY!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭beaushalloe

you could try magnum seasoned wedding band, very professional, great to interact with the crowd, do their own disco aferwards if you need it (no break in the entertainment becuase of changing equiptment) they charge around 1400 all in, with no deposit.
    there really hard to get a booking though (which is a testament to how popular they are)
    tony in morris's builders providers paint section is the man to contact (sorry ive no number)

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Rochie IRL

Why not try these guys http://www.epicband.info/ Epic they are very very very good. They will also do a DJ slot when they finish playing which saves a load of messing about. They will do whatever you want and really know how to work a crowd. Very professional. :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10 DLiam007

Alesi27 wrote: »
    If you pm me I can give you the details of a wedding band based in New Ross.......they are a little bit different..... play anything from Del Shannon to Lynyrd Skynyrd and Train to Van Morrison.

Hi I have been tasked with finding a band for our wedding next july also. I am living in Waterford, so could you provide me with the contact details for that band from New Ross also?

Thanks.

L.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Alesi27

Hi L,

I'll PM the band contact to you. Sorry for the delay getting back to you.

Cheers,

Alesi

• Registered Users Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭magick

it depends on what ur into , i got married this year and got a lovely irish theme'd ring, their was a shop in Dublin called O Reillys jewllers.
    They have since closed down and moved their business online, i found them to be very helpful (due to the fact i knew nothing about rings!).

My wife got hers from hong kong, mine from dublin kinda a sino-irish ring pair:D

oreillysjewellers.com (if ur looking for anything irish style, id recommend them)

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Dano

The Vendettas played at my sisters wedding in cork, they were very good, put on a great show. I'm booking them myself. I assume they'd go to Waterford. www.the-vendettas.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 DMPR

atune1 wrote: »
    Hi guys,

Have finally taken the plunge and am getting hitched next summer (2008).

My only responsiblity is to show up and book the band.

The first part seems easy (at the moment), but the second part has left me scratching my head.

Is there any body out there who can recommend a good wedding band in the Waterford area.

Cheers for any advice.
    Heard a Galway band Milhouse at a wedding recently and they were fantastic.....
    Wanted them for mine in October but they're booked :-(

Advertisement