Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lantz.ie (Wedding invitations)

Options
  • 20-06-2007 3:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭

Hi,

Has anyone any experience with www.lantz.ie .
    I've just checked out their website and it all seems extremely expensive.
    Don't get me wrong i don't mind paying for quality but E300 to E500 for wedding invitations seems a bit expensive?

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Hey,

How many invites ya looking for? Never heard on Lantz personally, my sister went with someone else when she got married...

If you think thats expensive, ill see how many she got printed and how much. Im starting to do this soon enough, but iv no prices or deals struck with a printer yet (only a designer).

Kevin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭theKED

Thanks for the reply.

I'm looking for about 100 invitations including 100 RSVP cards and envelopes.
    Will your price include all the printing inside the card?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Hey,

Well we don't print (we give them to a printing crowd in the city to do it for us) but we can design the invitations and cards for about €100.

Ill find out the exact cost for printing and ill total it up. If you are interested let me know and I can show you some designs.

Edit: This type of package would normally cost about €300 to print, but they supply a wide range of different paper quality. Therefore, its best we presented our design and picked the type of paper (from them) we wanted it on.

This is all done in Waterford, if its to complicated to get it done down here - we can give you the deign and you can get the printing closer to home?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 21,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭Eoin

theKED wrote:
    Hi,

Don't get me wrong i don't mind paying for quality but E300 to E500 for wedding invitations seems a bit expensive?

We used Lantz - the quality is good, and they had everything ready when they said they would. Didn't really shop around too much, so don't know how they are with prices.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭llester

theKED wrote:
    Hi,

Lantz invitations are quite dear....I got the paper I needed in Daintree and did up my own invites and RSVP cards. They were great to deal with and as far as I know, they can print them for you if you want.

I spent the last three months before my wedding going between Lantz and Daintree though. Lantz have some great wedding favours and stuff, and I got my shoes there on sale for E40.

I'd say to anyone getting married to pop into Lantz, because they give you great ideas and reminders of things you probably haven't thought about yet...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭Ibjiba

llester wrote:
    I'd say to anyone getting married to pop into Lantz, because they give you great ideas and reminders of things you probably haven't thought about yet...

I agree with this. Though you don't have to end up buying everything there, it is a great place ofr reminders of things that might be useful.

Seems like a great place. Dedicated wedding centers can be really helpfull compared to general designers and printers - but it really does depend on budget and requirements I guess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 ocr

just to let you know i deign and do wedding invitations myself i have helped many people i like to help keep peoples cost down if you still need invitations email me at oc_r@yahoo.com with what your looking for and ill give you a price

• Registered Users Posts: 30 stinkybum

We got ours in Lantz and i'm thrilled with them.
    We got 60 day invites, 200 party invites (we had the covers customised), 200 thank you cards, 260 rsvp cards and all came with envelopes all for under 1k
    We got so many compliments and my only small complaint was that we werent called by the shop when the invites were ready for collection, if i hadnt rung they wouldnt have either. That pissed me off a bit but the quality of the invites made up for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭Noelie

stinkybum wrote:
    We got ours in Lantz and i'm thrilled with them.
    We got 60 day invites, 200 party invites (we had the covers customised), 200 thank you cards, 260 rsvp cards and all came with envelopes all for under 1k
    We got so many compliments and my only small complaint was that we werent called by the shop when the invites were ready for collection, if i hadnt rung they wouldnt have either. That pissed me off a bit but the quality of the invites made up for it.

Hi Stinky, just looking at your numbers have you enough thank you cards? We're planning on sending a thank you card to everyone who attends, so I think you'd need 260.

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 294 ✭✭XJR

theKED wrote:
    Hi,

I wouldn't spend the money on invites myself, I've just sent out my sisters invites which I did myself and I'm now working on the mass booklet.

If you've got a PC, printer and any ability at all you'll save a fair whack of cash.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭hot fuss

Check out this site.. http://www.baglady-designs.com/

I got our invitations here and they are really beautiful - really different stuff. The service was great too. She was lovely to deal with.

hot fuss wrote:
    Check out this site.. http://www.baglady-designs.com/

I got our invitations here and they are really beautiful - really different stuff. The service was great too. She was lovely to deal with.

Must be good.. demand has resulted in them closing down!

XJR wrote:
    If you've got a PC, printer and any ability at all you'll save a fair whack of cash.

A lot of the good cards require someone thats good with graphics. Using something like Photoshop and not Paint. Hence why many businesses or people offering this service are graphic designers and so can come up with a good design for the card. You pick the paper and the design is printed onto it.

Of course, you can get the design done and print at home - depending on the size of the wedding and if you have a decent printer!

I done my sisters mass booklet, was a right hassle but lovely when done!

Advertisement